News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Pak192.Comic 0.6

Started by Flemmbrav, August 21, 2022, 04:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flemmbrav

Heyo everyone!
I'm back doing boring announcement posts...
After doing these two release candidates last year, I'm happy do announce you the next "full" version.

So, what's new?
Compared to the old old 0.5... A hell lot! We have over 1.000 git commits with over 100.000 changed lines.
It's been 5 years since then, time sure is flying.

There are two new categories:
"Containers" and "Light Bulk".
Both of them intending to diversify the old general purpose "Piece Goods".
With that change, we hope to bring some more fun to bigger maps.
Please note that this leads to the new version not being able to load every single old save of yours.

The vehicle economics shifted from being exclusivley costs per driven tile (C/km) to being mostly monthly (C/m) costs in plus of a small fee per driven tile (C/km). This makes vehicles that don't drive a often pretty inefficient, espescially compared to other paksets and previews versions. You might want to consider the smallest capacity needed instead of the biggest available in most cases.
To help out with that, traction costs are way down now.

In plus, there has been a lot of changes regardling the length of vehicles, trying to bring some more realisim to station lengths.
You can watch pedestrians walk now by the way!

Of course, there's a lot of upgraded and new factories, buildings, vehicles and stuff, but that's kind of the obvious.

With the introduction of the GitHub repository, we also do have some "official" addons. Basically meaning: spam your railway menu with tons of singals and the railway depot with tons of trains. Since bringing all of these to the game would be a bit too much, these are optional. But they do offer to same prices as the objects in the Pakset, so they ain't cheating at all. In case you ever see a a download claiming to be "pakset and addons", these are meant with that.

We also use a public github since quite a while. In case you want a more detailed change list, you can go there and check out our commits ;)
Link to the GitHub: https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic

Where and what to download

Release of the standard version 0.6.
There are different files generated.
Standard
The Pakset for Simutrans: pak192-comic.zip
The Addons for the Pakset for Simutrans: pak192-addons.zip
The combined file containing the Pakset and the Addons for the Pakset for Simutrans: pak192.comic-serverset.zip
Themes
The Themes: themes.zip

What's missing still?

1) There are only 3 climates actively developed so far, those are Western, Continental and Alpine (temperate, tundra, rocky) - other climates are lacking in city development. If you got cities in those climates, you might want to use the climate tools as public player to switch to a more developed climate. Most factories are not affected.
2) Translations! The German translation now seems pretty complete, while the English translation is still ongoing. And don't mention anything else...
3) Shjps, ships and even more ships.
4) Not every mode is able to transport every good at any given time. Best bet is that there is a narrowgauge option for it, second are rail and trucks.

Contribute?!

Feedback always is appreciated!
Please tell us what you like, dislike and would want to have improved!

In plus, freely contributing to the pakset is a thing! Pak192.Comic is open source, freely adjustable and auto compiles from github actions. That means, you could just clone the repository, do some funky changes and have github build your very own version without doing a lot for it. There's no weird encoding, no encrypted values, nothing. If you go to the dat file for your favourite steam engine and change the maximum speed from 100 to 2000, you just did that. It'll appear in the game just like that. Don't like coal power stations? Just get rid of them. Want to have a rainbow coloured subway? Just draw a rainbow on the image of your favourite subway train. That's pretty cool, right? But how about you share your funky changes with the rest of the world by adding them to this repository once they work out just fine. That way you could improve the world!... or well, at least this game.
Link to the GitHub: https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic

In Plus, there's a lot of stuff to translate. In case you can speak a langauge in plus of German, you're a perfect match for this!

In case you need help modifiing or contributing towateds the game, do not hesitate to ask for some.

Yona-TYT

What a thrill to see an official release again after so many years!!. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
Screenshot 2022-08-21 at 14-25-02 (2) Tweets con respuestas de Simutrans (@SimutransTeam) _ Twitter.png

Roboron

I have updated pak192.comic in the AUR and Steam.

Congratulations on the new release :-)

I'd like to translate Pak192.Comic, eventually (my translations efforts are stuck in the Help Texts because I have been devoting my Simutrans time to other goals recently). However, I pretty much need a fully English translation available before I can do that, because the only German word I know is Oktoberfest  :P

Flemmbrav

Quote from: Roboron on August 24, 2022, 07:06:52 PMI have updated pak192.comic in the AUR and Steam.

Congratulations on the new release :-)
Thank you so much!

Quote from: Roboron on August 24, 2022, 07:06:52 PMI'd like to translate Pak192.Comic, eventually (my translations efforts are stuck in the Help Texts because I have been devoting my Simutrans time to other goals recently). However, I pretty much need a fully English translation available before I can do that, because the only German word I know is Oktoberfest  :P
The English translation should be good enough for that. It's just mostly very bland and lacking some quality, as I'm not familiar with specific terms like what exactly counts as car, as carriage, as an hopper etc.

Flemmbrav

The first two objects I think I have fixed in the current nightly. (live in 20minutes from now)
=> https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic/releases/download/Nightly/pak192-nightly-datconverter.zip
But I have no clue on why the MB Lo 2000 doesn't work. It is in the pakset and the compat should be there as well....  :-[

Roboron

=> https://steamcommunity.com/app/434520/discussions/1/3317484899038059564/?tscn=1661674530

Quotefixed only TEE.
Cheese Factory still gets removed (but exists)
Lo 2000 trailer (pourable goods) gets replaced with semi trailer purable goods (Lo 2000 trailer is not found under this name anymore, it's only "trailer for (purable goods)")

Flemmbrav

Quote from: Flemmbrav on August 27, 2022, 09:52:14 PMThe first two objects I think I have fixed in the current nightly. (live in 20minutes from now)
=> https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic/releases/download/Nightly/pak192-nightly-datconverter.zip
But I have no clue on why the MB Lo 2000 doesn't work. It is in the pakset and the compat should be there as well....  :-[

Bugfix trial #2 - should work now thanks lot @Leartin.

Link is the very same.

Roboron

It seems that it is finally fixed. Thank you both!

Consider doing a small bugfix release if no more issues arise.

Andarix

missing key setting for change game speed up and down

Donald C.

Nice update. Is it available on Extended?

Flemmbrav

This is a thread on a 1,5 years old version of the pakset.
For the new version, see: https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,22709.0.html

That said, the nightly you can see on: https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic/releases/tag/Nightly
updates with every change to the git. Thus it's not a nightly from 2020, that's just the day we implemented that feature first.

Changes on the Extended fork of the pakset can be seen here: https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic/tree/Extended
The last change to that part happened on the Jan 15, 2022.
But that does not mean, it's the very same, as the standard pakset from that date. The objects for extended are not just copy paste standard-objects, but most of them are different. There's passenger classes, liveries, axle loads, different signal etc...
=> The update you can see here does in no way translate to an update for the extended pakset, but keeping the same graphics.

As there is no one maintaining the Extended fork of pak192.comic right now, there's also no update on it.