News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Add citycars manually

Started by Andyh, January 19, 2011, 10:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andyh

Is there a tool/keyboard shortcut etc. that will add a random citycar to the map at the tile where it's used?

I am performing some tests on various road configurations to determine which are most efficient and I want to be able to add citycars to simulate 'background' traffic.  I thought I remembered there being a tool available to add citycars manually, but now I can't find any reference to it on the forum.  Is it, perhaps, an add-in that can be downloaded?

Thanks

Andrew

An_dz

This is pakset dependent, some paksets have this option (96.comic, 192.comic, others).
It's difficult to tell where to find it, cause every pakset change it's menus. On pak96.comic it's Map Editor on Top Menu.

But for almost all paksets you can find it by this way: Change player to Public Player, then open Special Tools. There you'll see a Map Editor option. Click there and this option can be there.

If it's not, you'll have to add it maually. It can depend for every pak how to add it, so what's your pakset? Then I can tell you precisely how to add it.

Andyh

Thanks An_dz.  I'm using pak128 (should have mentioned that on my original post).  I don't see this option on the Map Editor menu, so I would appreciate your advice as to how to add it manually.

Thanks

Andrew

An_dz

Quite easy, you can do similar for all paksets. Go to your simutrans folder and open pak128/config. Open menuconf.tab and scrool down until you find a list full of general_tool.

You'll have to add general_tool[29]=,7,, to explain:
general_tool[29] is the add citycar tool
7 is the cursor used
To add in any pak you'll have to only find an icon and a cursor number that works, just copy number from others general_tool. I've already set a good icon and cursor for you.

Now to add the button to special tools:
go down until you reach '# specialtools' you will have to add toolbar[9][13]=general_tool[29],4 to the end of that list.
To explain:
toolbar[9] is the number of the toolbar
[13] is the order of the button on this toolbar
general_tool[29] is what the button do, here it calls general_tool[29]
4 is the icon used, here 4 is the same in toolbar[0][8] (Road tools)

I tried to explain it the best way, if you can't understand tell me and I'll try to explain better.

Andyh

Thanks a lot An_dz!  Your explanation looks very clear to me.  I'll try it tonight.

Andrew

VictorKoehler

It worked on my pak128, in version Simutrans 102.2 (Stable)! :D
In pak64 not work, think to be pak64 Simutrans Experimental. ;)

Translated by: Google Translate

Download of the PAK64.Brasil b3ta here

jamespetts

There is an option to do this in Pak128.Britain.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

An_dz

Can you tell me more detail for what happened to you Victor?
I can try to find out what's going on.

VictorKoehler

Quote from: An_dz on January 22, 2011, 05:58:14 PM
Can you tell me more detail for what happened to you Victor?
I tested it on two stable version of the Paks Simutrans: 102.2
It worked only with pak128, now in pak64 not work.

Download of the PAK64.Brasil b3ta here

An_dz

I understood it, but I want to know what error happen.
It gives an error message? or the button is not shown?