News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

new pak64.exp server online

Started by asaphxiix, October 13, 2012, 03:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

That's quite challenging for your setup...

Edit: Make sure that you have set assume_everywhere_connected_by_road=1, or else you will find that you will not get usable performance out of it.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

asaphxiix

the server takes 00-03 cpu %, and only 75MB of RAM, so I didn't think this was a performance issue, unless a serious spike or something. But I also found that assume everything was off! If I set it on from the 'i' key will it affect the ongoing game?

anyway, it looks like other players are not facing game-blocking difficulties, so I'm quite happy with it :)

jamespetts

If you change it with the "i" key settings (I am not sure whether the "i" key is assigned to this in Pak64.Experimental), the change will not propagate to the clients, who will have to disconnect and reconnect.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

greenling

asaphxiix
I Can today not with you a networkgame  play.
Have a Privat problem to solve.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

asaphxiix

sorry guys, I had to bring down the server for now - it became unplayable. The basic symptom is that the client stays connected - but actions clicked on are mostly executed - but the execution is not seen for a very long time (if at all). Sometimes the actions are not executed at all. Sometimes on one client (in the local computer of the server) I can see the actions made on the other client (at work), sometimes I can't even see that. Sometimes I can perform actions on the local computer where the server is but not on the distant work computer, sometimes I can't work on neither.

I will try to bring it back up in 3 hours when I am back home, if I won't I will try to run it with the release candidate file. This means that you will have to use the release candidate file as well, and when the next version comes out, we will save the game again with the current version (released) and the upgrade to the new version. Did I get that right James?

Thanks
Let's hope for a quick restoring of the game
Asaph

asaphxiix

greenling, until a few minutes ago when I shut it down, were you able to play at all?

james: the 'i' button isn't configured. Is there another way to change the setting? are there other settings I should try?

Also - is there a command line exe of the new RC?

greenling

Asaphxiix and the other
Can we Today please the networkgame be paused!
I have by me a many privat problems.
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

asaphxiix

It is currently offline, meaning, paused.

greenling

Asapkxiix
can we collect all passworts that i load the other player on the map?
On my computer lay a savegame form the last game.

asaphxiix

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You want the passwords for the other players to be able to play on your own computer locally?

I can give you mine, but I don't have theirs.

asaphxiix

I've started the server now using the RC. To play, please download it from here http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/simutrans-experimental-rc.zip and extract the executable to your simutrans directory.

ӔO

the user input to action displayed lag is a known bug. It happens when the server's time runs ahead/behind of the client. Usually just restarting the client and servers will fix the problem.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

asaphxiix

it helped at first, but got to a point where it doesn't help anymore

now with the new version someone just joined, and the server froze for a minute or two (time stopped moving), but now it looks like it's working well. Let's see how this goes from here.

jamespetts

This is a very useful network test of the RC - I shall be interested to know how this goes!

asaphxiix

it was working well at first - no more disconnections - but then started being a little crazy (a stop was removed physically but the stop sign remained), and very slow, I couldn't play no more. Will check again when I'm home.

jamespetts

Hmm. Are you sure that your bandwidth is up to it, and that assume_everywhere_connected_by_road=1?

ӔO

for me, it is working like a charm.

Colour safe chart:

Carl

I've noticed that stop removal bug too, actually -- though I thought I might be mistaken -- sometimes when a stop is removed, its marker remains.

asaphxiix

assume is off james, unfortunately I can't change it because 'i' isn't assigned. Could be bandwidth issue from my work place. They block and QoS stuff.

greenling

ӔO

seems like there is an additional pak file(s) in the server.
Meat ?

Colour safe chart:

asaphxiix

ӔO

yeah, it was strange.
for some reason the client kept saying there was a mismatch in pakset, and that I was missing "Meat".pak, but it disappeared mysteriously too.

Colour safe chart:

Carl

Quote from: asaphxiix on October 15, 2012, 08:49:17 PM
assume is off james, unfortunately I can't change it because 'i' isn't assigned. Could be bandwidth issue from my work place. They block and QoS stuff.

You can assign it to dialog_tool 27 in the menuconf.tab file. I should check whether this is assigned in the default pakset menuconf; if it isn't, it should be.

greenling

Asaphxiix
Your server need a Pakset update.

asaphxiix

greenling, not pakset, but the new release candidate of the game engine
please download it here
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/simutrans-experimental-rc.zip

btw I had to disconnect London :\ it couldn't keep up with the pax

greenling

Asaphxiix
Those link have i be use but by the pakset gives a problem it gives no train loks more .
Edit: Can you install this Addon : https://sites.google.com/site/000002expend/19th-Century-Experimental.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

asaphxiix

ah ok yeah
it's a bug with the pakset, there's a gap of some years between 1857-63 where no trains are available
I moved the time to 1863 now there's trains

greenling

asaphxiix

i'd be happy to add addons but I don't think I can do it in the middle of the game... Can I??

Carl

Quote from: asaphxiix on October 16, 2012, 07:48:15 PM
ah ok yeah
it's a bug with the pakset, there's a gap of some years between 1857-63 where no trains are available
I moved the time to 1863 now there's trains
I'd be interested to know if this bug is present in pak64 standard, or whether this is an error that I've introduced.

greenling

Asaphxiix
Do you update the pakset?
Edit: the bug gives in pak064.german exp. too.

asaphxiix

I will check if this is possible greenling
if it is, I'll update it gladly

ӔO

is it just me, or is the server down?

Colour safe chart:

asaphxiix

crashed
game crashes upon loading too
I'm reverting to a save from two hours ago, hope we don't get this again
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/server13353-network.sve - this is the crash