News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

I need to know if Convoy is changing the schedule

Started by Yona-TYT, December 16, 2018, 01:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

I need a Boolean function that lets me know if the player is changing the route of the convoy, is this possible?.

Yona-TYT

I'm thinking of something like: convoy_x.is_editing_schedule() or convoy_x.is_editing_line() .

For example, if the schedule window is open, then the function would return a "true".

Dwachs

Why do you wnat this? just curiosity.

This should be a simple change.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Dwachs on December 19, 2018, 02:32:13 PMWhy do you wnat this? just curiosity. This should be a simple change.

This is for the tutorial. You see, I have a list with the coordinates of the stops, the player can only click on one stop once and then move on to the next and successively until the routing list is completed, the problem is when the player closes the sale " schedule "before completing the list, then there are problems, because you will not be able to select the stops that had already been selected ... it is necessary to know if we are editing the vehicle route or not to restart the count of the stops.

Yona-TYT

Hi how are you ?.

It is to remind you about this function, I hope to correct the problem in the tutorial scenario.

regards!.

prissi

Editing a line may be non-trivial, since convois drive on while a line is changed. But editing an individual schedule will set the convoi to the schedule editing state, which can be queried.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on February 05, 2019, 06:26:26 AMEditing a line may be non-trivial, since convois drive on while a line is changed. But editing an individual schedule will set the convoi to the schedule editing state, which can be queried.
And what about the vehicles that are on the deposit, is there any way to know if the route is being edited (when the schedule window is open)?

prissi

Their state is in depot, hence there is again no very simple way knowing. The actual schedule is 100% determined at leaving the depot, as is the kind of goods to transport. Hence the routing is only updated when leaving the depot.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on February 05, 2019, 06:26:26 AMBut editing an individual schedule will set the convoi to the schedule editing state, which can be queried.
This seems fine to me, this can work for me.  8)

Yona-TYT

Thank you !!, I will be very happy to continue with my project.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Dwachs on April 28, 2019, 02:33:46 PMin r8755, see http://dwachs.github.io/simutrans-sqapi-doc/classconvoy__x.html#ac5809c2f199c422445b7232e6449ef61

I have tried the new function, but I am afraid it does not work with vehicles in the depot, will it be possible to operate this?.  :-[

Regards !.   ;)

prissi

Never, because vehicles in depot have their final schedule assigned whenever they leave the depot. Until then their schedule belongs to the depot.

Yona-TYT

I was thinking about a solution to the problem of the "schedule" list, and something happened to me.

By clicking on the  [schedule]  button this should be maintained pressed (sunk), once the "schedule" window is closed, the button should return to normal, no? (maybe it is an error), what I need is to know when that window is active "true" when closing the window it becomes "false", is that possible?.

prissi

Not so easily, you need to know the memory address of the schedule to check, if that window is open.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on May 11, 2019, 02:46:14 PMNot so easily, you need to know the memory address of the schedule to check, if that window is open.
I see.  :-[

Additionally it would be good that the button is held down (depressed) until the player Windows that close the schedule, although this is already off topic.