News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

[BUG]? Choose signal sends train to occupied platform

Started by Matthew, January 19, 2020, 09:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

I have seen a choose signal send to a train to an occupied platform, even though an unoccupied platform is available. It may well be because there is something wrong with my signalling layout  :-[, but I thought that this might be helpful feedback since you (James) changed the Choose Signal code yesterday.

I was originally playing this game with a modded executable (last night's community version, but with Ranran's recent improvements added). But it reproduces in exactly the same way with last night's nightly (#b4e7900).

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new pakset directory to make sure that you don't mess up your normal pakset:

• In Windows, create a pakset directory called Pak128.Britain-Ex-235 and copy the nightly pakset into it.
  • In Linux, create a symbolic link to your nightly pakset, called Pak128.Britain-Ex-235.
2. In both cases, download my addons from here and unpack the file into your Addons folder.
3. Download this save and put it into your saves directory.
4. Start Simutrans-Extended with the 235 pakset and addons.
Quote from: TroubleshootingIf Sim-Ex crashes, it is probably because the addons have not loaded due to a separate issue. Check whether with_private_paks = 1 in \Pak128.Britain-Ex-235\config\simuconf.tab. In Linux, this may require you to replace the symbolic link with a complete copy of the Pak128.Britain-Ex pakset.  ::'(
5. Load "Choose signal to occupied platform.sve".
6. Follow train 1309.
7. At approximately 00:22, the choose signal at (221,991,0) will send convoy 1309 to the far platform at Little Garelock Dock, which is already occupied by convoy 2326.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Matthew

I have discovered that the cause of this was an error that I made in my signalling layout. The signal before the Choose Signal was a station signal. I apologize for wasting your time, James.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

jamespetts

Thank you for re-checking this, and do not worry about wasting my time: as it happens, I do not believe that I had got around to looking into this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.