News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Termination of OTRP development

Started by THLeaderH, March 31, 2021, 07:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THLeaderH

This is just a notification for non-Japanese speakers who are interested in OTRP, my fork of simutrans. I apologize for posting a topic about non-official version of simutrans in this forum.

I graduated from my school this March and am going to start my full time job. Thus, I terminated the development of OTRP. Thank you for your interest.

The last release of OTRP is v29_5 and available from here. The code of the version in which the statistics sending is excluded for EU citizens is available here.
The change log is here but provided only in Japanese.

ampersand

Quote from: THLeaderH on March 31, 2021, 07:00:10 AMI graduated from my school this March and am going to start my full time job.
:-X  :-X  :-X My deepest sympathy....

Yona-TYT

This has been for me one of those legendary and large-scale projects, it is a pity that it was not included in standard simutrans.

Thank you very much for your admirable work!. :D

Matthew

Quote from: THLeaderH on March 31, 2021, 07:00:10 AM
This is just a notification for non-Japanese speakers who are interested in OTRP, my fork of simutrans. I apologize for posting a topic about non-official version of simutrans in this forum.

I graduated from my school this March and am going to start my full time job. Thus, I terminated the development of OTRP. Thank you for your interest.

The last release of OTRP is v29_5 and available from here. The code of the version in which the statistics sending is excluded for EU citizens is available here.
The change log is here but provided only in Japanese.

A lot of people have made mods for Simutrans. But only a couple of people (you and James Petts) have tried to make a whole fork of the game. Thank you so much for your contribution! I know a lot of Japanese players really enjoyed it. I hope that many of your ideas and code can be brought into Standard or Extended, step by step.

Enjoy working life!
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Roboron

Good luck on your new job THLeaderH! You did a good job on OTRP, and the Simutrans Community owe you one of the most interesting versions of Simutrans.

I've taken some time to prepare this last version and finally released OTRP on Steam*. Thank you for the version without the data collection!

Quote from: Matthew on March 31, 2021, 11:04:56 PMI hope that many of your ideas and code can be brought into Standard or Extended, step by step.

I would like to know more about why it has not happened already, since I have not been following this project closely. Are the OTRP features too hackish maybe?

* Without Ribi-arrow pak, of course.

THLeaderH

Roboron, thank you for bringing the latest OTRP to Steam. Your article on Steam about OTRP describes well about the status of OTRP and should be very good announcement for non-Japanese speakers.

I had confirmed from the author that the ribi-arrow pak is redistributable on Steam but forgot to tell you about it. Please include ribi-arrow pak in the OTRP distribution on Steam to provide more seamless experience for players 8)

Roboron

Fantastic! I've included ribi-arrow pak files on every pakset available on Steam, and also preset the ":" key. Now it is just download and play, no configuration needed :-D

prissi

As why OTRP had not been in put into standard:
There were some minor differencies upon how to implement it (I was favouring a direction wayobj so any road could be upgraded versus using a special road). Also the patch still had issues. However, instead fixing these, each iteration grew quickly and added more features. So it simply became too large to be merged in without features deemed too special for most players.

Andyh

@THLeaderH: Thank you so much for your very creative and innovative contributions to Simutrans.  I currently use OTRP as essentially my standard version of the game and will be sad to see no further development.  I find all the features super useful and very much aligned with how I feel the game should be expanding.  Best of luck with the next stage in your life!

FuzzyFox

Thanks for this interesting patch. Sadly its not compartible with 123.0
Then you can edit the lanes and can edit an schedule for your lines.