News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Pak192.Comic 2021 RC 2

Started by Flemmbrav, June 16, 2021, 05:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flemmbrav

Hey there,

the next version of Pak192.Comic is slowly taking shape.
I've published a new release candidate you can download here: https://github.com/Flemmbrav/Pak192.Comic/releases/tag/2021-V0.6-RC2
Please tell us what you think of the pakset as a whole as well as the recent changes!

Please note that a Simutrans-nightly from this summer is required. I personally use r9274. You can grab Simutrans-nightlies here: https://nightly.simutrans.com/en/

Mandatory screenshot:

Don't forget to update the releases on steam / apt / the website please ✨.

Roboron

Now uploaded to the nightly Steam branch. Should I make a small update announcement?

I can also give you access to the S-team (it's a joke, please get it), in case you want to upload pak192.comic releases yourself.

Flemmbrav

Thank you!

Does the game outo-update? If not, it may be worth it to notify the people.

What's the S-Team?

Roboron

By default it does, but that can be changed by the user (but if you are on a nightly branch, I guess it's most probably that you have auto-updates on).

The S-team = the Steam team (of Simutrans).

Yona-TYT

En:
Heck, I didn't know there was a team dedicated to Steam, I know there must be a lot of people playing there since I always bump into some on Facebook, I guess the project is going from strength to strength. <3

Es:
Caramba, no sabia que había un equipo dedicado a Steam, se que debe haber muchas personas jugando allí ya que siempre me topo en Facebook con algunos, supongo que el proyecto va viento a popa . <3

Roboron

Quote from: Yona-TYT on June 26, 2021, 11:14:33 AMteam dedicated to Steam

Yes there's a team full of people: me.

(To be honest, also makie is there. It's good to have someone of trust, just in case I disappear suddenly)

RealAmerican1776

So what do you get when you download it on Steam? Is there any difference? I just brought Euro Truck Simulator 2 and needed Steam to play it.

Flemmbrav

Honestly, I don't want to get involved into Steam.
Not my kind of service, I don't even use it at all.

But I'm glad to see that people seem to discover Simutrans over there!

Roboron

Quote from: TheRoadmaster1996 on June 27, 2021, 08:36:52 PMSo what do you get when you download it on Steam? Is there any difference?

It's just more convenient for the average user - it automates the installation and update of the game and the paksets. There's some extra features (the cloud saves, workshop integration for addons, maps, etc), but if you are  not already using Steam, I don't think they justify using Steam only for Simutrans.

Quote from: Flemmbrav on June 28, 2021, 05:24:04 PMHonestly, I don't want to get involved into Steam.
Not my kind of service, I don't even use it at all.

Alright. I proposed it because I've seen some activity of a pak192 team member over there, but probably was another one.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Roboron on June 28, 2021, 09:47:25 PM

Alright. I proposed it because I've seen some activity of a pak192 team member over there, but probably was another one.
You probably found an @learting around, the one in any parts ... Hehehehehe.  :D

IgorEliezer

Beautiful and nice, as usual. :)

Ughduty

I love the general style of the 192-Comic set but what I don't like and what ultimately makes it unplayable for me in vanilla state are buildings like the mint (money print) or the Creeper statue and some other buildings that do look out of place.

Have Fun  ;D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
― Albert Einstein

Mariculous

I like both of them. It's a comic pak and it kind of made me laugh. Perfect!

Flemmbrav

I'm surprised these make it "unplayable" to you.
Would you play a version of that pakset without comical gimmicks?

prissi

Is the folder name "pak192.comic-nightly-datconverter" really intended?

And the ground.outside.pak still say "Pak192.Comic 2021 [V 0.6 RC 1]" for RC2 ... THis will stop the autoupdater when doing the next release. MAybe add the curent commit hash ("git  describe --always") or the commit number ("git rev-list --count --first-parent HEAD").

Flemmbrav

Adding the commit number sounds like a good idea.

How do I add it to the .dat file?
I'm kind of a noob in that regard  :-[

Mariculous

Generate the whole file from the commandline:
echo "Obj=ground
Name=Outside
copyright=Pak192.Comic $(git rev-list --count --first-parent HEAD)
Image[0][0]=./images/outside.0.0" > outside.dat

Or use sed to find and replace the line:

sed -i "s/copyright=.*/copyright=Pak192.Comic $(git rev-list --count --first-parent HEAD)/" ./outside.dat

Flemmbrav

Thanks a lot for the help!

I managed to make it work with sed.
The echo version seems to bring a conflict between github's checks on the action scribts and what'll be written in the .dat file.
Github needs the tabs in front of the lines, makeobj doesn't like them at all.

On streamlining the versions made by the github actions, it seems like we all agree that the pricing scribt seems to work fine for us and thus we should be able to just rename them to the actual pakset and go with that.
That'd leave 4 .pak containing .zip files for the nightlies:
- The pakset for standard
- The addons for standard
- The merged pakset for standard
- The pakset for extended

Not sure how to name these in future as well as serving the old links still, but that's wip - and I just wanted to give an update on that being in progress.

What came up as well is that the github actions run being "successfull" doesn't mean a lot.
There's a lot of false positiv checks when makeobj crashes during the build.
Does anyone have experience in passing through the error to github actions?

prissi

A tool must return an error on exit. Just printing something is not considered an error.