News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Purple Night Theme

Started by Roboron, January 13, 2022, 07:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roboron

I'm proud to announce a new theme for Simutrans: Purple Night Theme. It's a dark theme with a modern, easy on the eyes, purple touch.

Download version 1.0 Release Candidate 3

=> https://github.com/Varkalandar/simutrans/releases/download/theme-purple_night-v10rc3/purple_night-theme-RC3.zip

Unpack the purple_night-theme-RC3.zip in simutrans/themes and restart Simutrans to refresh the themes list. On the next start you get two new theme entries "Purple Night" and "Purple Night (large size)".

Changes since RC1:

Default window title bar color adjusted
    Default window title text color adjusted
    Player window colors had to be changed to improve status bar readability. Sadly window tittle bars and the color of the player label in the status bar are linked.
    Text color for colored buttons adjusted for better readability
    Color for text in lists and edit fields as well as highlighted text brightened a bit
    Colors for money values brightened for better readability
    Status bar colors adjusted for better contrast

Known problems:

Icons for passengers, mail and electricity depend on the pak set and cannot be changed with a theme.

Note: The author of this theme is Hansjörg Malthaner (Hajo) and not me. I only published it in the forum by its request.

Andarix

Quote from: Roboron on January 13, 2022, 07:36:53 PM
Known problems:

Icons for passengers, mail and electricity depend on the pak set and cannot be changed with a theme.

That is not right. You can also use these icons in the theme. These overwrite those contained in the pakset.

In the current pak64.german 0.123.0.0.1 there is not only the normal theme but also one for 4K screens which uses significantly larger symbols.

Roboron

Quote from: Andarix on January 13, 2022, 08:43:24 PMThat is not right. You can also use these icons in the theme. These overwrite those contained in the package.

Thank you very much for your clarification, I'll let Hajo know.

Ranran(retired)

As I posted before, I think some measures are needed to improve the appearance of dark themes.
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,20813.0.html
In extended, some parameters may have already been added.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Yona-TYT

I am very happy to see contributions from the legendary hajo again. :D

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Ranran on January 13, 2022, 10:06:17 PM
As I posted before, I think some measures are needed to improve the appearance of dark themes.
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,20813.0.html
In extended, some parameters may have already been added.
On light theme buttons for example, clicking a dark shadow gives it that click effect (like a dark highlight), but on dark themes this effect is not noticeable at all.

Is there a new parameter to change that to a light color? .
Edit.
Quote from: Ranran on February 28, 2021, 12:55:51 PM
The following is a greedy request.
(5) Can you set the color of the white frame that appears when you press the button, or make it a different style?

_Hajo_

Quote from: Andarix on January 13, 2022, 08:43:24 PM
That is not right. You can also use these icons in the theme. These overwrite those contained in the pakset.

Thank you. I did not know that themes can override images from pak sets. I'll try this.

Quote from: Yona-TYT on January 14, 2022, 12:44:14 AM
On light theme buttons for example, clicking a dark shadow gives it that click effect (like a dark highlight), but on dark themes this effect is not noticeable at all.

Buttons can have a normal, pressed and diabled image. I can try to give a pressed button a different look (at the moment they are just turning more dark). If that is what you mean?

Quote from: Yona-TYT on January 14, 2022, 12:44:14 AM
Is there a new parameter to change that to a light color? .

I think the coloor of the focus frame for UI elements can be changed. I'll check this.

Quote from: Yona-TYT on January 14, 2022, 12:34:07 AM
I am very happy to see contributions from the legendary hajo again. :D

Thank you!

Also thanks to everybody for the feedback. I'll try and see to incorporate the suggestions. This is an release candidate, so the main purpose was just this, to see if I have overlooked or misunderstood somet settings.

Yona-TYT

You must change the color of the character bar to be preset.
gui_color_edit_beam = #ffffff
There are two color parameters for the load bar, so you can add more consistent colors.
gui_color_loadingbar_inner = #D6ECF7
gui_color_loadingbar_progress = #76b9e6

_Hajo_

I have tried ...

Changes since RC3:

- Cursor color is now visible on black edit field background
- All "white" text colors were brightened by about 3%
- Default window title color is less saturated now
- Loading bar colors were adjusted to window background (but I hardly can test this, loading is fast)

Download:

==> https://github.com/Varkalandar/simutrans/releases/download/theme-purple_night-v10rc4/purple_night-theme-RC4.zip

Yona-TYT

Quote- Loading bar colors were adjusted to window background (but I hardly can test this, loading is fast)

My pc that an old coffee maker takes longer and it shows a lot.  ;D

Roboron

You just need to open a big enough pakset :D

_Hajo_

Ah, thanks! Yes, this is about what I had in mind. Lacks some tuning, but a start was made.

Ranran(retired)

I think Standard also allowed Andarix to display symbols for station evaluation (smile, angry, no route), but maybe I'm remembering wrong?
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Roboron

_Hajo_

I still feel a bit uncertain here. Usually a theme pak only defines the buttons and UI gadgets. These symbols, as well as the power, workers and such are not really part of a theme, they usually come with a pak set.

I was told a theme can ovverride the symbols loaded with the pak set, but is this really the way to do it, or is this just a trick to achieve the desired effect?

Yona-TYT

Contrast error in the text "list of unmaintained paksets".

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Yona-TYT on October 20, 2022, 08:44:34 PMPatch: set-transparency-color-icon.patch

# Transparency Color of boost icons (mail, energia, pasajeros) in factories
gui_color_image_transparency = #ffffff

Theme-test.png

You need to add the new parameter for the factory icons.  8)

_Hajo_

I'll need time to get back into it. Been busy with other things for 6 months ... but I'll add this to my list.

Roboron

Just spotted a streamer using your Purple Theme :P  https://youtu.be/-a-MAM3ZEYo?t=732

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Roboron on December 11, 2022, 04:57:58 PMJust spotted a streamer using your Purple Theme :P  https://youtu.be/-a-MAM3ZEYo?t=732
@hajo
wow his purple theme is already famous 😄

_Hajo_

Whoa! Seems I really need to update the theme soon then ;D

_Hajo_

I think I've got it. The updated theme is attached.

Yona-TYT

The color of the text when the buttons are disabled does not make good contrast.
Captura desde 2023-01-02 17-52-13.png

_Hajo_

I have brightened the text a little. Also gave the button a very little shine to the top left corner.

example.png