News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Github action workflow for android nightly build

Started by krosk, August 17, 2021, 08:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prissi

In principle I totally agree, but the realisation is not trivial at all.

prissi

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

Google is a nightmare. I have been just clicking somewhere until it seemed to work. Back on trying.

makie

no, not found, and if you search for simutrans in google play there is none. Only OpenTTD and a lot of others.

You should test it with a other account.

prissi

It seems to have to pass internal tests at google, which can take up to a week for the first upload.

Yona-TYT

Thanks to the screen scaling now I get 14 fps (it's not much but with my mediocre device I should not wait long).

Now I can do tests.

I have problems using the scroll bar in the windows, it is very tedious.

It would be great to be able to move like it from the web browser pulling up or down, what do you think about this? .

prissi

I agree, and dragging scrollpanes is quick to implement, see r10498. Unfortunately in will not work on all scrollbars, but a good lot of them. The minimap works differently, so there you have to use the scrollbars.

Yona-TYT

Very grateful to you, this will be very helpful .😎

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on February 21, 2022, 05:40:19 AMI agree, and dragging scrollpanes is quick to implement, see r10498. Unfortunately in will not work on all scrollbars, but a good lot of them. The minimap works differently, so there you have to use the scrollbars.

I did some tests on my device but unfortunately scrolling doesn't work in any window. :'(

prissi

The axis were swaped (i.e. up and down) but somehow it only worked with the GDI version, not SDL2. I am away, so I have to rely on blustacks for testing after the github built, so lets progress will be slow.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on February 21, 2022, 11:53:10 PMThe axis were swaped (i.e. up and down) but somehow it only worked with the GDI version, not SDL2. I am away, so I have to rely on blustacks for testing after the github built, so lets progress will be slow.
Quote from: prissi on February 21, 2022, 11:53:10 PMThe axis were swaped (i.e. up and down) but somehow it only worked with the GDI version, not SDL2. I am away, so I have to rely on blustacks for testing after the github built, so lets progress will be slow.
I've tried r10512, the panels are now responsive to drag, but scrolling seems to hang with large panels (large scrolls).

I found this problem in the debug tab of the tutorial scenario and in the help window.

Edit.
This changes to affected to the desktop version.

In the Help window the cursor captures scrolling creating "Up and Down" scrolling when the cursor is moved.

When the cursor is captured, the mouse wheel no longer responds to scrolling.

prissi

r10513 should have the help window and mouse wheel working again. Did not note any slowness though

Yona-TYT

In the scenario window there is a small detail when dragging up (where the tabs are), there is an inadvertent tab change.

This happens in android and on the desktop because when the click is released on a tab it is considered as a normal click.

I wonder if it's okay for tabs to ignore the click release event. ???   

Edit.

Quote from: prissi on February 26, 2022, 03:37:32 AMr10513 should have the help window and mouse wheel working again. Did not note any slowness though

It works very well!. This is another step in the adaptation to touch screens, this is very nice!. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Regarding the slowness, I would not know how to answer you since my device is a snail that barely reaches 14 fps (if I move the interface it drops to about 5 fps), so I am always going to notice extreme slowness I am afraid.

prissi

The problem is that the tab's events are processed before the scroll area's events. Hence the tabs catch the up event. Not sure how to take care of that.

Yona-TYT

A while ago I noticed an update that limited 1 window for city buildings, however this was removed for some reason.

I find it a good idea to use this on android as we have limited screen space.

I see no reason to have multiple object windows like: terrain objects, trees, buildings, tourist attractions, roads/ways, power grids...
A while ago I noticed an update that limited 1 window for city buildings, however this was removed for some reason.

I find it a good idea to use this on android as we have limited screen space.

I see no reason to have multiple object windows like: terrain objects, trees, buildings, tourist attractions, roads/roads, power grids...

What do you think of this exclusively on android?.

prissi

It is possible on compile time. One would give the info window an individual magic, so there would be only one such window.

On the performance: Disable midi. Midi rendering really sucked a lot of resources on my tablet when testing.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on February 26, 2022, 02:38:44 PMIt is possible on compile time. One would give the info window an individual magic, so there would be only one such window.
The expected behavior would be:
If there is an active window, it will be replaced by the next window (by clicking on another object), so the user doesn't have to close windows to open another one, right? .

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on February 26, 2022, 02:38:44 PMOn the performance: Disable midi. Midi rendering really sucked a lot of resources on my tablet when testing.
If that frees up some performance, it's still slow... but it's my device's fault... I've tried it with another 2d game and the performance is lousy.

Yona-TYT

I've tried the new scrolling and it works great now! Thank you very much, this will make life easier for Android gamers 😄

Quote from: prissi on February 26, 2022, 02:38:44 PMIt is possible on compile time. One would give the info window an individual magic, so there would be only one such window.

It would still be necessary to one limit the windows, but I think I became very demanding hehehehe. 😅

Yona-TYT

You inspired me with the new pinned toolbar feature... https://github.com/aburch/simutrans/commit/4a5a1759237730a9d74e308e134fe0c4c1a4017e

This can be a very good idea to improve android experience with some windows.

For example informational windows (pop-up messages, buildings, trees...) can be fixed in a top corner.

prissi

Popup message shoudl disappear after some time. Also a popup in the wrong position may be ignored first.

Anyway, this thread got very long and the title was no longer matching, so I made a new thread for discussion.