News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

[Minimap] Networks should have a separate section

Started by Yona-TYT, March 04, 2022, 01:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

The networks on the minimap leave very limited space due to the colored buttons.

In general, if I'm going to review networks  (spider web as seen in an online game), I don't need to be looking at the colored buttons since they take up a lot of space.

What do you think, place a button to only show the network switch and its filters?.

Mariculous

This time, you might consider a Frankentrans backport from extended

prissi

How do you deal with option selected that affect the net display when hiding?

Ranran(retired)

As I mentioned in the related thread of extended, the only useful color buttons in network mode are the red buttons, and at the point the green buttons are a bit worth it. Other than that, it is worthless in network display mode. Therefore, it is kinder to the player if meaningless options are hidden.
I then tried to separate the open/close options by color but gave up after suffering from an unexplained crash on linux... Maybe I broke a strict code rule in linux.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Mariculous

Quote from: prissi on March 05, 2022, 11:28:28 AM
How do you deal with option selected that affect the net display when hiding?
These are applied. The settings are just hidden, not nonexistent.

Yona-TYT

I think the colored buttons take up a lot of space on the minimap, and it's not something I play with very often (activate factories, depot and city limits), after that I don't use them anymore. From there, I only activate and deactivate the networks without the need to look at those colorful buttons.

Although maybe it's just my particular way of seeing this.  :P

Roboron

r10557 backports Ranran's division of "Selections" button into "Selections" and "Show networks" from Extended  :)

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Roboron on March 18, 2022, 09:16:26 PMr10557 backports Ranran's division of "Selections" button into "Selections" and "Show networks" from Extended  :)
Thank you very much friend!.  8)

There is a small bug with the mouse wheel event, it doesn't respond to the scroll bar.

Roboron

I can not reproduce. The wheel is working for me.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Roboron on March 19, 2022, 07:43:26 AM I can not reproduce. The wheel is working for me.

What happens is that the filter is displayed over the mini-map area and it calls the zoom event which doesn't let the scroll bar work.

Roboron

Ah, yes. If the mouse is over the minimap _and_ the list, the minimap seems to take preference capturing the mouse wheel over the list. This bug is also present in Extended. But I don't have idea how to fix.

Roboron

Ok, I fixed it in r10564, hopefully with unintended consequences  :-X

prissi

Thanks, but the logic behind had become really hacky over the years, especially since there was already a class for the minimap scrollpane ... see r10566, and also added to base.tab (with a slightly changed translation also in SImutranslator).

Yona-TYT

Thank you very much for implementing that!...  It helps a lot to have those independent filters on small screens.  :D