News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

(Android) FATAL ERROR: GET_NODE - called while list in use

Started by Yona-TYT, June 23, 2022, 07:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

Using Simutrans from Play Store v123.01

Quoteusually when I'm playing the game, I barely make the tracks or movements (and it has been crashing a lot, even with my cell phone having 4gb of ram and 64gb) and this message appears, locking it completely

FATAL ERROR: GET_NODE - called while list in use
 Aborting program execution ...

For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum at https://�forum.simutrans.com/
 PRESS ANY KEY

prissi

This can only happen, if there are two simultanious way building events, and is not limited to Android. What did you do just before this? Was an AI running?

Yona-TYT

I think he's just been playing normally from his device (moving around the map, building roads, starting vehicles), I don't know what quirk he could be doing, I'd have to test myself on other devices.

Yona-TYT

QuoteI'm thinking that this error comes from using the app for a certain time

TurfIt

Yona-TYT

Quote from: TurfIt on June 24, 2022, 04:59:19 PMPerhaps already fixed with r10627?
Sent him in for testing the "last night", but it seems the problem is still there.

289099337_776741946667081_5316218559127491767_n.jpg

Yona-TYT

I was able to replicate the error on my own, while using the roads tool.

I suspect this happens only on touch devices.

Yona-TYT

I have made a video capture of the error.

IMPORTANT NOTE: See how long it takes to react to the zoom (with two fingers), about 30 or 40 seconds after the interaction, someone from the Japanese community on twitter complained about it.

prissi

The device apparently runs with 3 fps and is seriously overloaded by the game. The two finger SDL2 support fires about 100 events per movements, and the code processes 1-2 per frame. Thus it takes 100 frames = 30s for the final event to be processed. Ask SDL2 why they found floating pint precision for something a imprecise as a fingers is needed and why not combine all movements since last event together (as done for the mouse).

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on June 26, 2022, 12:48:16 PMThe device apparently runs with 3 fps and is seriously overloaded by the game. The two finger SDL2 support fires about 100 events per movements, and the code processes 1-2 per frame. Thus it takes 100 frames = 30s for the final event to be processed. Ask SDL2 why they found floating pint precision for something a imprecise as a fingers is needed and why not combine all movements since last event together (as done for the mouse).
Sorry, I didn't realize this was a limitation of SDL2, hopefully that will change one day.

The device I use for the tests gives up to 24 fps, look at the image.

Given this inconvenience, it may be best to disable two-finger zoom (pinch) until further notice.

Yona-TYT

@prissi, regarding the "GET_NODE - called while list in use" error, have you managed to replicate it? I doubt it's related to two finger zoom interactions.

prissi

No I could not repeat it, but it could be due to an old nightly. The beta track and the next release on my new pixel 5a and an old fire tablet both did not show this issue.

In the video, the road did not show a preview when dragging (or was you jus clicking?), so this seems to indicate that the simloops were rather zero.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on June 27, 2022, 01:26:48 AMNo I could not repeat it, but it could be due to an old nightly. The beta track and the next release on my new pixel 5a and an old fire tablet both did not show this issue.

In the video, the road did not show a preview when dragging (or was you jus clicking?), so this seems to indicate that the simloops were rather zero.
I was constantly dragging with the road tool.

Edit.
By the way I am using the version available in the play store.

prissi

The version in the play store is not very definitive, as it should release a newer version frequently but that seems to take much longer than expected.

Anyway, I found the error. dragging is not enough, one had to build roads like crazy on a heavy game fully zoomed out (so 1-3 simloops). It was just one flag for deferred execution true instead false. r10673 should fix this, but not sure when this appears in the store.

Yona-TYT

How great are you! I'm so glad it's fixed.

When I get home I will personally test