News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Signal reservations not clearing

Started by 1993matias, July 24, 2022, 08:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1993matias

It seems something strange is going on with signals...

I'm using simple block semaphore signals to control my narrow gauge trains (now that anything token doesn't work as per the other thread), yet there are still problems. See download link for a save, coordinates 1767,1171

It seems like trains do not clear the entire reservation after leaving, thus blocking the next train from passing. Manual reservation removal works, but it happens again later.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GALzueKDpzceUM7z3OnPukPV-06HTvZE/view?usp=sharing

1993matias

Sorry to double post, but... Is the bug report wrong? Could you not reproduce the bug? Or are signalling bugs not a priority at the moment?

In any case, an aknowledgement that you saw/registered the bug report is all :) At least I'll know it's in your system and will be looked at in due time. Thanks again!

Yona-TYT

Quote from: 1993matias on August 02, 2022, 08:22:40 PMSorry to double post, but... Is the bug report wrong? Could you not reproduce the bug? Or are signalling bugs not a priority at the moment?
In any case, an aknowledgement that you saw/registered the bug report is all :) At least I'll know it's in your system and will be looked at in due time. Thanks again!
I hope you don't feel ignored around here, I think the reason is that the forum is not sending notifications to those in charge here, also our main developer is on vacation (the other one has been missing from the forum for months).  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Quote from: 1993matias on August 02, 2022, 08:22:40 PMSorry to double post, but...
A good Benevolent Dictator once told me "If the second response takes more than 24 hours (or was it 48?), then it is not considered a double post". hehehehehe  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1993matias

Quote from: Yona-TYT on August 02, 2022, 08:44:03 PMI hope you don't feel ignored around here, I think the reason is that the forum is not sending notifications to those in charge here, also our main developer is on vacation (the other one has been missing from the forum for months).  ;) ;) ;)
Ok, that explains it. Thanks for the explanation, and hopefully the main developer is enjoying his vacation! ;D

Mariculous

Simutrans-extended signalling bugs are quite difficult.
Surely it is high priority if trains get stuck for no reason, but there is only one person (at least I know of only one) who is familiar with the quite complex signalling code.

1993matias

Addition to the bug report:
After careful observations, the reservation not cleared seems to appear only under following conditions:
 - Narrow gauge
 - Train driving with absolute block signalling
 - Signal is placed further away than one tile from the station

The above problem was solved by moving the signal to the tile next to the station with the reservation not cleared.

This bug appeared some time between January and June, is my guess.

jamespetts

Thank you for your report - I believe that I have now fixed this. I should be grateful if you could re-test and confirm.

I should note that it is highly advisable to place signals in rather than after stations.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.