News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Oil platforms do not accept mail

Started by Yona-TYT, October 11, 2022, 06:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

In pak64 mail increases efficiency on oil rigs, which makes a lot of sense. But for some reason this does not happen in pak128, why is this so? Is it planned? I would like to change and allow the mail to increase efficiency, what do you think?.

Roboron

Oil platforms do get mail delivered in real life, so it makes sense to me.

makie

Quote from: Roboron on October 12, 2022, 08:02:27 AMOil platforms do get mail delivered in real life, so it makes sense to me.
Sure?   edit: sorry i have read this wrong
Maybe not daily, but with boat or helicopter.
There work highly qualified people and no prisoners. I think the employers do a lot to keep their workers happy. Maybe the Internet reduce the need, but they will definitely get packages also today.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: makie on October 12, 2022, 04:31:45 PMSure?
Maybe not daily, but with boat or helicopter.
There work highly qualified people and no prisoners. I think the employers do a lot to keep their workers happy. Maybe the Internet reduce the need, but they will definitely get packages also today.
So yes, our oil workers need to get mail from time to time. ;)

prissi

There is mail demand (5) and mail_boost (1%), while passenger demand is 20 and boost is 500%. One could argue that a mail only boost does not make much sense ...

For pak64 rather dafualts are used for mail demand, and the other numbers are
passenger 300, passenger_boost 1000%, mail_boost 1000% So much more passenger demand for oil rigs in pak64.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on October 18, 2022, 06:47:51 AMThere is mail demand (5) and mail_boost (1%), while passenger demand is 20 and boost is 500%. One could argue that a mail only boost does not make much sense ...
For pak64 rather dafualts are used for mail demand, and the other numbers are
passenger 300, passenger_boost 1000%, mail_boost 1000% So much more passenger demand for oil rigs in pak64.
The icon indicates that it is only being boosted with passengers.