SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

[tutorial scenario] Some bug reports or quirks in pak192.comic

Started by Yona-TYT, November 29, 2022, 04:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

While building the script I also noticed so:

Confusion with wt_rail and wt_narrowgauge:

It seems the normal train menu is interchanged with the "narrowgauge" narrow train menu, please check this.

Captura desde 2022-11-29 00-22-48.png

The list menu:

Two of the menus in the lists are displaying "Settings" or "Landascape Settings", but in reality they should be "lines" and "list of all available vehicles".

Captura desde 2022-11-29 00-25-27.png

Shortcut key for underground sliced mode

In pak128 the keys to raise (+) or lower (-) the level of the layer are [Home] and [End], I don't know which are the ones in pak192, but it would be good to keep something as a standard since these keys also they are different for pak64.

Graphic error:

Last but not least, a small graphic error in this building.

Captura desde 2022-11-29 00-24-14.png

Flemmbrav

Thanks for the report!

We'll look into #2 and #3.
#1 is on purpose to allow narrow gauged trams, which are (or at very least used to be) way more common in the alpine countries, than standard gauged trams.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Yona-TYT on November 29, 2022, 04:59:08 AMConfusion with wt_rail and wt_narrowgauge:

It seems the normal train menu is interchanged with the "narrowgauge" narrow train menu, please check this.

Captura desde 2022-11-29 00-22-48.png
Analyzing this a bit I have noticed something strange with menus of signals /wayobjects.

The scenario applies rules to filter the tools and only show the ones that are going to be used at the moment.

However signals and wayobjects are ignoring these rules for some reason.

I didn't have this problem in the other paksets. ;D

Leartin

Just an assumption:
In other paksets, signals are in the menu in bulk - the menuconfig just defines "put all block signals here" - "put all choose signals here" and so on.
In pak192comic, we wanted signals to be as simple as possible, which includes clear icons and only one signal per 'function'. However, we did not want that to stop us from creating more signals that function the same but look different. Hence, in the menu, we defined a "standard signal" for each function and told the menu to add those specifically by name, and used the bulk-thingy in a signal submenu.

I suspect you disable signals in bulk, and that might not work with our menu. (Perhaps check the signal submenus for whether disabling works there)

Perhaps you could tell players in your tutorial that there are no functionally different signals in the submenu, and that they only need that if they prefer different visuals (eg. putting semaphores on an electrified track)

no idea about wayobj though.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Leartin on December 11, 2022, 07:35:14 PMJust an assumption:
In other paksets, signals are in the menu in bulk - the menuconfig just defines "put all block signals here" - "put all choose signals here" and so on.
In pak192comic, we wanted signals to be as simple as possible, which includes clear icons and only one signal per 'function'. However, we did not want that to stop us from creating more signals that function the same but look different. Hence, in the menu, we defined a "standard signal" for each function and told the menu to add those specifically by name, and used the bulk-thingy in a signal submenu.
I suspect you disable signals in bulk, and that might not work with our menu. (Perhaps check the signal submenus for whether disabling works there)
Perhaps you could tell players in your tutorial that there are no functionally different signals in the submenu, and that they only need that if they prefer different visuals (eg. putting semaphores on an electrified track)
no idea about wayobj though.
The truth is that it seems more like an error in the simutrans code, because when trying to use the signals (when they are filtered and they should not appear) then the script seems not to recognize the tool...no action is performed nor does it return a tool_id.

I'll report this later, but for now I'll wait for other API issues to be resolved.

Yona-TYT

Some merchandise docks have a capacity level of 0, is this intentional? Or is there a "cat" locked up?.  :P

Captura desde 2022-12-16 20-30-55.png

Yona-TYT

What are the shortcut keys to raise/lower the view slices in pak192.comic?.

Flemmbrav

The are on '(' and ')'.

For some reason building industries also is '(', I'll change the latter to 'i'.
This might make '(' not working properly for sliced views right now, but will be changed with the next nightly in an hour.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Flemmbrav on January 14, 2023, 11:36:21 PMThe are on '(' and ')'.

For some reason building industries also is '(', I'll change the latter to 'i'.
This might make '(' not working properly for sliced views right now, but will be changed with the next nightly in an hour.
I didn't understand you very well... but my suggestion is to use the same pak64 shortcut. ;)

Flemmbrav

What does pak64 use?

The shortcuts in Pak192.Comic are '(' and ')'.
In case they don't work, just download the latest pakset nightly.