News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

minibuses

Started by vilvoh, August 20, 2008, 09:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

I've done this minibus: Mercedes 881D. It's quite balanced and its capacity is 56 passengers. I'll do some more, so you have to wait for a few days.. :P

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

PatrickN

That looks pretty nice.

Painter, in and out of retirement.

Alex. Brose

Nice minibus. And nice colors though.  ;D

vilvoh

Thanks... I applied SSS (SubSurface Scattering) to improve the image quality, but I'm afraid it's difficult to realize about it at 64pak scale.

Alex. Brose

Of course it's difficult. After rescaling it will be hard to make out the differences between Mercedes and something like Iveco Daily or Ford Transit.
But i'm sure you will accomplish your work magnificent.  8)

sojo

Quote from: vilvoh on August 21, 2008, 06:59:29 AM
but I'm afraid it's difficult to notice it at 64pak scale.
Then try it out 96px. ;-)
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

vilvoh

Well, I haven't rescale it... ::).... I rendered it direct to 64pak scale. On the other hand, I must say that the color scheme would be perfect for 96pak, but I would have to render it with a toon style. I might try it...

Alex. Brose

Quote from: vilvoh on August 21, 2008, 07:24:11 AM
Well, I haven't rescale it... ::)....
Actually i mean the same. Rescaling the scale. Wrong wording, sorry.  ;D

vilvoh

Another one, MCW MetroRider MF150. It has less capacity than the Mercedes Benz (50 pass)

Trasportator

Really nice minibusses!!
Well done!! :)

vilvoh

Another one. Nissan Coaster C9 (32 pass. -- 55 km/h) with Macao color scheme.

vilvoh

Steyr CityBus S. It's supposed to be electric (engine_type=battery). 28 passengers.

jbode

Great busses! But I think for more than 20 passengers we need a loaded bus picture with people cluttered on the roof and on the sides of the vehicle. But again they are very fine and your decision between realism and playability!

;)

Jörg

vilvoh

It's a great idea, but I hope you don't want something like this in Simutrans... ::)

jbode

Nay, this would not be visible anyway ... Only funny for "us", the overfed and overprotected developed countries, not really funny for people in countries where there is a need to squeeze into the public transport to get somewhere ...

Jörg

vilvoh

It also happens in subway trains (Tokio, Madrid, NY and many other cities around the world)...anyway, I'll try out something, just for curiosity.

VS

That photo looks suspiciously familiar. I know some lines here that go in 3 minute interval and look like this in rush hour.

Sometimes it's not even a question of having more vehicles, but building other modes of transport when there is not way to do that. Streets here are quite narrow, compared to Vienna or Berlin or... well you get the idea, in centre they often don't have more than 10m across, which is bad when you have to squeeze in all the cars, two sidewalks, two tram lanes, and whatever else. And bulldozing some of city houses isn't an option :)

Back to topic... any idea how they look in final size?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

Next one will be Ikarus EAG E91. I'm still gathering the technical info.

vilvoh

I've finished the Ikarus. I've chosen the electric version. In addition, here you have the Mercedes Benz o814.They're very small about 33-37 passengers, but I think the Ikarus is my best work until now (I'm talking about this pak, of course.. :P)

vilvoh

Next one will be this Nissan Civillian WBX. Only two more to finish...

vilvoh

Nissan finished.. ;D...I've also finished this Mitsubishi R220. Only left another Mercedes and a Setra.

Quote from: VS on September 02, 2008, 09:26:03 AM
Back to topic... any idea how they look in final size?

Some of them fit in the scale, others are bigger than I would like to.... :-\

vilvoh

Setra s208 HMU....

vilvoh

Instead of the Mercedes Benz o304, I'm going to create this Mitsubishi Fuso RS, and probably 4 or 5 versions of Hino Poncho.

vilvoh

A preview of the Hino Poncho Long series...

Simppe

:o keep up the good work vilvoh

vilvoh

Thanks.. ;D....I think they'll be finished in a few days..keep up waiting

vilvoh

Last preview before the last release... ;D....Hino Poncho Short series (128pak scale)

vilvoh

Mitsubishi Fuso RS -- 31 passengers -- 55 kw -- 82 km/h -- 5 tn

vilvoh

This is the last one...Hino Poncho series. I'll do some more but by now I would like to start other projects (freight planes, road trains, etc...)

Just two things. I'll try to create a tutorial about how to make buses with Blender. I've realized that it's really easy to make them. It usually takes me an hour and a half o two to design, model, texturize, render and fix the images. And I think you don't need any special skills or experience with Blender. So I think that a tutorial about this would be a good way to encourage people to create objects for Simutrans with Blender. I'll publish the tutorial in the blog (Escala Real) but I do not discard to create some kind of guide (with Ormac help... ::))

The last thing. If someone wants to port them to 128pak, I've the Blender files and the textures (they're small, about 200-300KB including the texture) So send me a PM and I will send you the graphic sources.

Alex. Brose

I am wondering if you could put those tenderly buses in a zip-file?
I'll post them on my website.

vilvoh

You mean an all-in-one zip file? yes, of course

Alex. Brose

Thank you.
Sorry for my unclear words.

vilvoh

It doesn't matter........A preview of what we have until now.

VS

Bautiful buses! Only the one with blue windows is a bit unnatural.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

(That's the Mercedes Benz o814) What do you exactly mean with unnatural? out of scale?