News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Plane Pak

Started by Zeno, September 14, 2008, 04:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

Actually there are 8 of them flying... with Emirates Airlines, Qantas & Singapore Airlines... and I haven't heard of any accident ::)

aeroplanes

ya, no accident yet, but i think there will be some 'sufferings' to the plane, due to defects of fuel pump and so on, so may be dangerous, may be safe, but i know the CX cut all her orders, i think :)

DirrrtyDirk

There were some problems during production - should be solved by now. And everything as complex as such an airplane (even other new aircraft) go through a more or less troublesome childhood. The A380 is neither the first, not the last, and also not the worst - it just got more attention then all the others. And by the time it gets all the permissions required to get into line service, it's as safe as other planes were / are in that stage of their life.

And for the file: in the very first post there's a .rar file linked.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

aeroplanes

are u a real pilot or a person who studies about aeroplanes like me? you seems to know a lot of things....

and coz i am using windows vista, can't open the .rar files, do u have the file in .pak format that you can send me pls?

DirrrtyDirk

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=422.msg3217#msg3217 and the following posts show several programs that can handle .rar files.

aeroplanes

i don't understand a thing at all, can u explain it for me? hehe?

DirrrtyDirk

.rar files need a program that can unpack them. And right here in this thread, there were several of them listed. So just read these posts, download one of these programs and then you can open .rar files yourself.

aeroplanes

thx for the advice, i never knew this

aeroplanes

DirrrtyDirk

Yes, he is (at least as far as I know) - but please do not double post (you have done that twice in this thread already)! You can edit your posts to add something you forgot earlier.

aeroplanes

hey DirrrtyDirk, how do i covert it to pak file? there are only to .zip, .7z, etc.

aeroplanes

DirrrtyDirk

Convert what?

Just open the .rar file with winrar or 7-zip or such and there are .pak files inside. There is nothing to convert.

... and for saying that you're sorry you just add the 3rd double post???  >:(

aeroplanes

so i just add the .rar file, and there are the files?

and wt the hell is that double and 3rd post? i don't understand

how do u do it?
can u actually send the the pak files to me via my email pls?

DirrrtyDirk

Double posting (also see here) is when you open up a new post (instead of editing your last post), while your previous post is actually still the latest in the thread. It is (or at least used to be) against forum rules to do that when less than (I think) 24 hours have passed.

And for the last time:
1. you download the .rar file
2. you download one of the tools that can handle .rar files (winrar or 7-zip). (rar is similar to zip or lzh - just another format.)
3. you install this tool
4. you open the .rar file by using one of these tools, and then you will see that inside there are three .pak files.
5. extract these .pak files from the .rar file (with one of the tools)
6. Copy or move the extracted .pak files to your pak128 folder.

aeroplanes

to DirrrtyDirk: got it, but can't see it in the game? it is in the pak, why?

DirrrtyDirk

Did you copy the 3 pak files (e.g. vehicles.ZenoPlanePakA.pak) to the pak128 folder - so that you can now see it there? Did you restart Simutrans aftwerwards?

And are you playing with timeline on or off? If it's on, maybe you are still too early in time to see them in the airport's hangar.

Can't think of much else right now - and it's impossible to tell from here for sure.

aeroplanes

when is the intro. date?

PatrickN

You shouldn't expect a jumbo jet to be available in the 1930s or 1940s, but if you want it you can turn the time line off.  That might be a good idea if only to test it and make sure it is working properly.

Painter, in and out of retirement.

aeroplanes

how do you turn it off?

PatrickN

There is an option in the opening New Map window.

Painter, in and out of retirement.

aeroplanes

so i create a new map to test?

Mac_#71

I was thinking ... given that there are C-130 cargo type crates why not do a KC-10 cargo type ethanol, gasoline, chemicals ...?
La supposizione è la madre di TUUUTTE le stronzate...
Ricordatevelo!

The assumption is the mother of ALL the **** ...
Remember!

Zeno

Quote from: Mac_#71 on September 30, 2008, 01:17:01 PM
... why not do a KC-10 cargo type ethanol, gasoline, chemicals ...?
I think this was discussed in the old forum. Anyway, I decided not to draw it, since AFAIK IRL there isn't any commercial air-transport of dangerous goods (only militar ones). It's safer to transport it by ship, you know ;)

DirrrtyDirk

Not just safer, also much cheaper. I don't even want to think about fuel prices that would include air transport... And the military will also use ships (or trains, trucks, pipelines, etc.) for large-scale transports (instead of aircraft) whenever possible. And by the way, those air-tankers primary job is to refuel combat aircraft while in the air. They are rarely (if ever) used to transport fuel from one place to another.

Mac_#71

La supposizione è la madre di TUUUTTE le stronzate...
Ricordatevelo!

The assumption is the mother of ALL the **** ...
Remember!

ariarinen

Quote from: aeroplanes on September 23, 2008, 03:30:34 PM
ya, no accident yet, but i think there will be some 'sufferings' to the plane, due to defects of fuel pump and so on, so may be dangerous, may be safe, but i know the CX cut all her orders, i think :)
Every plane has that problem now and then, the A380 has had the lest defects of any new plane to date.   

And the A330 are the replacement for the old A310 but a lot bigger and has better range. I think that you should go with the -300 its more used. As the first Airbus A300 was short/medium range wb. 

How about the Airbus A321 and Boeing 737-900 as 757/727 replacement? 

The MD-11 should fly under Finnair livery after all they did get them first  8)

Cheap short range turboprops would be fun as they cost a lot less to operate then jets, ATR-42/72 and Dash-400 and Saab 2000 (fast) would be nice.   

How about next gen planes like A350, 787 long, C-series, MRJ regional?

Václav

I downloaded new version of Airbus A380 some time ago and I have one small comment to that: it seems too small in comparison with Haru's Boeing 747 Jumbo Jet (and it is truth A380 is much bigger than B747 Jumbo Jet) - it is in need to change size of that. But else it looks very good.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Zeno

If I make it bigger it will need extra-width runways ;)

Václav

I don't think extra-width runways will be needed if B747 can use currently available ones - but you are right. New runways are needed. Latest ones looks good but they could look better (any BTW: I am not sure with width of width of currently available ones).

DirrrtyDirk

New runways (among other airport stuff) are about 99% done. Patience my friends, patience!  8)

Václav

Quote from: Zeno on October 13, 2008, 09:10:40 AM
If I make it bigger it will need extra-width runways ;)

Yes. It is OK. Your planes are well sized - what I said was related to else pak of A380 planes, not yours (by Nabe, I found it on http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?Addon128%2FAircrafts).

But else ?bug is in your pak - you set two post freight planes (one is within group of passengers and next is within group of freight planes - I think there crate goods freight plane could be instead it - or not ??)

and what is in screenshot is looking odd - when plane is going in direction from left top to right bottom, then plane is bit out of runway - but it is problem of all planes, not only yours.

Alex. Brose

Isn't it possible to align the plane by using offset?

Zeno

Quote from: Alex. Brose on October 21, 2008, 09:21:47 AM
Isn't it possible to align the plane by using offset?
Last time I used them they appeared to be well aligned...  ??? They currently are aligned using offset (is the only way due to its size!). Have you tried to download the pak recently? I updated several times (long time ago) and corrected some alignment issues. At the top of the post is the latest version attached.

vilvoh

Perhaps VaclavMacurek is using a nightly. This kind of things sometimes happens with nightlies. Something worked and was well aligned when you tested it in the stable but it's wrong when you test it with the latest nightly.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...