News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Freight planes pak... fly me to the goods

Started by vilvoh, September 20, 2008, 05:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

vilvoh

Three versions of Blackburn Beverly, from 1950 to 1968:
- Blackburn B-101 C1
- Blackburn Beverly RAE
- Blackburn Beverly RAF-ME

Next one is CL-100-x Hercules

vilvoh

I prefer to continue with Boeing 747-400. It's more or less as big as Antonov AN-225. I'll make 9 versions with different color schemes (Qantas, CargoLux, JAL, KLM, AirFrance, CathayPacific, China Airlines, Asiana, Singapore Airlines and British Airways)

I'm still searching a blueprint of 747-400 LFC a.k.a Dreamlifter to include it too.

fuzion_051

Wow..that would be very much appreciated.. :D I'm currently depicting the global air transport industry (see pak64 discussion) using the "The World" map I downloaded from maps.simutrans.
Would that be for passenger transport?

Could I request Singapore Airlines and/or British Airways to be added in the livery?

vilvoh

Well, this is a freight planes pak but I guess I might do an exception. After all, the hardest part (modeling the plane in Blender) is done, therefore add two new color schemes won't represent much more work.. :)

Quote from: fuzion_051 on November 19, 2008, 09:33:35 AM
Could I request Singapore Airlines and/or British Airways to be added in the livery?

Added

fuzion_051

Oh thanks very much.. :D

Hmm..its up to you if you'd like to make it freight or passenger..though I would be much delighted if some (or maybe all) would be the latter, or maybe both freight and passenger. :)

vilvoh

I think you'll have to wait until passengers plane pak for that... ;)

Although I've not created the graphics yet, I'll surely upload them to graphics.simutrans.com (dat files too) In case you want to create passangers versions, you only have to get png and dat file, change freight and payload atributes and compile it to create the pak file, but please keep the copyright.

BTW, I forgot to mention that all png files of planes from this pak are available at graphics.simutrans.com, at User galleries >> vilvoh >> freight planes gallery (link)....Feel free to use them but please keep the copyright.

fuzion_051

Ok.. :)..would I need any program for editing the freight and payload attributes, as well as the png? (If I'll have a time to edit it)

vilvoh

You just need a text editor to modify the dat file (MS Notepad, WordPad, Vim, etc..) but you don't need to edit the png, only the dat.

vilvoh

First preview of 747-400 series. If I remember correctly they are Qantas, Asiana, KLM Cargo, JAL, Korean Cargo and United Airlines. I'm still working on the rest.. :)

vilvoh

Almost finished..They only need some special night colors. The source png is available at graphics.simutrans.com, as always in User galleries >> vilvoh >> freight planes

vilvoh

Ready to download. 15 versions with different atributes and color schemes.

fuzion_051

Wow thanks!.. :D..They do look great.
I think I'll just be waiting for the pax plane pak because even if i'll configure the dat file for them to carry passengers, i'll miss the plane windows, esp. during the night.

vilvoh

vilvoh

I was thinking that as this is a freight oriented pak, in addition to vehicles, we would have to include some buildings to complet it...any ideas or suggestions about freight terminals and airports? a sample image, just to inspire... :)

vilvoh

Next one is AirSpeed Ambassador

EDIT: preview updated.

vilvoh

AirSpeed 57 Ambassador ready for downloading.. 17 tn -- 55 un. capacity -- 438 km/h -- 1951-83.

vilvoh

Next one on the list is McDonnell Douglas DC-10 with FedEx & Lufthansa Cargo (LHCargo) color schemes..

EDIT: preview updated

Alex. Brose

Amazing!

Don't forget a DC-10 with Lufthansa skin. :D

vilvoh

vilvoh

Ok, I got it..link

P.S: I know that's not a DC-10, it's a Boeing MDF-11 but both are quite similar (triple engine) so I guess the color scheme doesn't change.

jbode

they have also
747 Jets: http://www.pbase.com/toptag/image/21513706
737: http://picasaweb.google.com/safetygallerie/SAFETYCARDSFORTRADEANDSELL#5130160935842560530
and since 1999 the MD11 - according to one website its the successor of the DC10, main difference are the winglets ... the color scheme like shown on your picture is quite constant over the last 20+ years.

on the quick way don't know where to find the other introduction dates ... sorry.

vilvoh

d'oh!! I thought I've included Lufthansa Cargo in the 747-400 pak..... :-[

Don't worry about service dates, because wikipedia and airliners.net have a lot of info about that issue (chronology and fact sheets)

vilvoh

It's finished and ready to fly.. ;D... you've two versions: FedEx and Lufthansa Cargo (LHCargo) color schemes.

Features: 121tn -- capacity: 225 units -- 910 km/h -- 1971-2020 -- 80cr. running cost -- price:220K cr.

P.S: After this goes Armstrong Whitworth (AW) 660 Argosy

vilvoh

Preview of AW 660 argosy.

EDIT: image updated.

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

from 1958 to 1978 -- 44 tn -- 390 km/h -- 7280 kW -- capacity: 75-100 units

vilvoh

AW 660 Argosy series ready to download, with four color schemes (Oras, Ipec, Elan and TransAirCargo)

vilvoh

Well, we continue with Boeing 377 StratoCruiser, a civilian version of C-97 Stratofreighter from US army that was the base design for guppy and super guppy airplane series. The list of color schemes is the following: PanAm, Northwest, SAS, Dragon wings, BOAC and United AirLines.

EDIT: Image updated.

vilvoh

Boeing 377 StratoCruiser ready to download. Finally, I've done 5 color schemes (Boac, United, SAS, Panam and United) Enjoy.. :)

Btw, a few comments ago I mentioned the possiblity of expanding the pak with extension buildings for airports, and well, that's what I've been doing. I present you the new GBi Air Cargo Terminal. I've to solve some issues because as you can see it has two floors over the ground level and one under it, but It's about 60%.

vilvoh

More previews of new freight terminals: Ramstein and Port San Antonio (PSA)

sojo

"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

VS

These houses do look nice...

(maintainer inside has dark thoughts)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

Thanks.. ;D. As It seems you like them, here you have two more. They're bigger than the previous ones (3x3) I'll probably make another big one (4x4) related with Cathay Pacific HK Air Cargo Terminal, and with that one we can consider the extension building pak is finished.

P.S: They look strange but it's due to the image quality. After all, they are just previews, aren't they?