News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Scenario Tutorial for the pak192.comic

Started by Yona-TYT, January 29, 2021, 05:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

I am thinking of starting the adaptation of the tutorial for pak192.comic, but I am not very up to date with the latest addons of this project.
I need to know if the pakset meets the minimum requirements for a small network in all types of transport:

• Chapter 1: Informational Only.
  • Chapter 2: Buses.
  • Chapter 3: Merchandise trains, electric passenger trains.
  • Chapter 4: Merchandise Ships, Passenger Ships.
  • Chapter 5: An electric plant as a coal mine and its respective trucks.
  • Chapter 6: Aircraft for passengers.
It would also be nice if someone provide a map to make this tutorial look great.

Flemmbrav

Thanks a lot for kicking this off!

Ships might be an issue here, we only have a very selected collection of ships sadly.
Rest should be fine. Buses are there, trains are plenty, coal is in there too, aircrafts as well.

In regards of the map, what are you looking for there? How tall shall it be? Are there any special needs?

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Flemmbrav on January 31, 2021, 02:06:44 PM
In regards of the map, what are you looking for there? How tall shall it be? Are there any special needs?
not much actually, just large enough to locate a city far far away which will be connected to an airline.

I like mountainous maps by the way.

Yona-TYT

I'm starting to edit a map, it's a bit difficult since I have to adjust everything to converge with the scenery.

This is just phase 1. :P

simscr07.png

Yona-TYT

I have noticed that there is no passenger dock for slope, are there plans to add one soon?.
Captura desde 2022-11-26 11-01-00.png

Flemmbrav

Good question... our ship department kind of lacks on everything.
There might be one in the future, in case there'll be fitting ships.

By now, all passenger ships we have are for channels

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Flemmbrav on November 27, 2022, 03:21:13 PMBy now, all passenger ships we have are for channels

Well for now I'll work with what's there.

I hope not to stray too far from the existing logic in pak128 and 64, I have noticed many substantial differences both in the availability of objects and in the basic style of pak192, so far it has been a challenge to adapt things.

Leartin

Added simple docks for pax today. Still no proper ships though...

dock_pax.png

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Leartin on December 04, 2022, 06:32:29 PMAdded simple docks for pax today. Still no proper ships though...

dock_pax.png

That's good : )

For now I'm satisfied with these two. ;) Captura desde 2022-12-04 14-41-46.png

Yona-TYT

I have not yet reached the ships, but almost!.

I have been looking at the simutrans code to implement new script functions and this has delayed the work of the tutorial.

I almost finished chapter 3, which is the most difficult. :P

simscr11.png

Yona-TYT

@Leartin, do you have any merchandise dock for  water canal that you can lend me?. :P

I didn't notice this before, I could have sworn I saw one!. :-[ 

The item list so far:
ship1_name_obj = "RMS_BlackDragon"
ship2_name_obj = "alsterdampfer_1940"
sc_way_name = "channel"
sc_dock_name1 = "dock_long"
sc_dock_name2 = "null" //dock channel
sc_dock_name3 = "null" //slope dock
sc_dep_name = "Schiffdepot"

Captura desde 2022-12-08 17-38-47.png

Flemmbrav

I recently drew that one, it's part of the latest nightly you can find on GitHub.