News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

MLM developements !

Started by gauthier, August 30, 2008, 05:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauthier

I'm going to work again on MLM, and I think that these vehicles should be removed :
Cirrus player color
Eole player color
Zephir player color
Ultima player color

since they give some ugly results with certain colors ...

About new goods vehicles :
keep the two already existing engines,
make new good vehicles with a different design (current mk2 Cirrus cars would be transfered in the new set).
Convoys would be organised as this :

[turbojet/NFE(ancient design)][magnetic amplificator(both designs)][new vehicles(new design)] and maybe [magnetic amplificator rear(new design)] but it would take too much space.

This organisation would be adapted to long convoys thanks to a big power of the magnetic amplicator.

gauthier

Here is a preview of the magnetic amplificator, as usual with a piece of science-fiction :)

EDIT : I just finished all views of the magnetic amplificator ;)

sojo

"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

gauthier

I just thought I can make the back of the car higher ... eeer, look at this ^^

|
_______________________|

and that to make new cats higher (...so with a bigger fret).

Václav

I cancelled development called locomotive but some time I developed my the first train. Originally tested on classical track but shaped for maglev.

Experimental train for maglev:
VMaX
includes: locomotive, passenger car, post car

top speed: 500 km/h
introduce date: May of 2005

Here you can download it.

--> but I rather will continue only in painting of tracks

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

gauthier

BetaCirrus is finished.

Downloads
New vehicle.magnetic.pak
=> http://files.filefront.com/vehiclemagneticpak/;13655760;/fileinfo.html
Removed vehicles
=> http://files.filefront.com/vehiclemagneticPCpak/;13655778;/fileinfo.html

Removed and kept vehicles
CirrusPC, EolePC, ZephirPC and UltimaPC have been removed.
TR08 OC and PC, CirrusOC, Aero, EoleOC, ZephirOC, UltimaOC have been kept
/!\ BetaCirrus is made ONLY in Original color.

Changelog of Cirrus (OC only)
Some payloads have been increased, turbojet engine and NFE engine's power were reduced by 50% (for more realism).

LNBC

Would you like to disclose the changes of the dat data of those renewed monorail cars?
(I am still using v99.17.1,
and those renewed monorail vehicles were not working with it.
But it is OK to me to repak them by redefining the dat in the alpha version provided.)

Thanks in advance.

gauthier

You could use version 101 :/ I will upload new sources.

EDIT : all is here ;)
=> http://files.filefront.com/MLMsourceswith+betacirruszip/;13662322;/fileinfo.html

LNBC

File received with thanks.
(I heard about that v.101-but bugs are making me annoyed,
as well as those saves v.99.17.1 cannot being loaded after v.100...)

So, get'em paked. ;)
[It contains everything you need. XD
Just replacing the makeobj with the older version
and replacing the waytype (maglev_track>>monorail_track), and here we go~]

PS In actual, I work with the Command Line. Simple, easy, clear. 8)

gauthier

Of course the command files are the easiest, I use only create.bat and merge.bat, just click and see the result ;)
* loving the technology *

... no more feedback about betacirrus ? I understand that it's perfect :D

Mac_#71

I can't compile the source data of the betacirrus, can someone do it 4 me please? i have simutrans pak 128 v2391, thanks
La supposizione è la madre di TUUUTTE le stronzate...
Ricordatevelo!

The assumption is the mother of ALL the **** ...
Remember!

Mac_#71

Where I can find the PAK files?
Ricordatevelo!

Remember!

gauthier

I repeat :

First : you must have basic MLM dev. files
=> http://files.filefront.com/MLM+devzip/;12204776;/fileinfo.html

then : you must replace vehicle.magnetic.pak by this one :
=> http://files.filefront.com/vehiclemagneticpak/;13655760;/fileinfo.html

But : player color cirrus, eole, zephir and ultima have been removed, if you still want them :
=> http://files.filefront.com/vehiclemagneticPCpak/;13655778;/fileinfo.html

have fun ;)

Mac_#71

ok, I've got it!!
it's fantastic, but what function has the "magnetic amplifier"?
i know it's a little OT, but I don't want to start a new thread only on this subject...
Ricordatevelo!

Remember!

gauthier

it's just a little thing that is annoying since Cirrus and BetaCirrus are very profitable. But as BetaCirrus is heavier than Cirrus, the magnetic amplifier add some power to the engine. So you can make long convoys ;)

You can compare it to the Haru F7a trailer.

Mac_#71

ah... good, good, I understood.
Ricordatevelo!

Remember!

Mac_#71

LOOK AT THIS!! Maglev really exists!! :o :o
This is an experimental maglev built by some friends of mine that are creating a "project area" for the high school exams.
Check this up... ;)

I also have a video clip of the maglev, but i can't post it... :'( >:(
Ricordatevelo!

Remember!

Michael 'Cruzer'

Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

vilvoh

The whole movie is great, but the last 30 seconds are simply amazing! The rail track is on one side and the train still follows the path without falling down.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

gauthier

wOOOOw ...
simply ... wonderful ... really ... ...

... great ...

[...]

Fuzzy Peach

I tried to download the pak files but the links brought me to the filefront homepage.  :(

gauthier

you're rhight, I'm going to fix that.

Filefront has deleted all my files :/ (they said that my files were inactive XD, I have got at least a dozen of downloads a week for MLM dev. ...)

=> the new link
=> http://files.filefront.com/MLM+devzip/;13901882;/fileinfo.html

Fuzzy Peach

Thanks. They look really awesome.

Fuzzy Peach

I'm sorry to bother you gauthier but in your new download the MLM track bridges don't seem to work. However the Transrapid and AMT bridges still work.

gauthier

I checked all bridges and didn't found any problem, could you tell me precisely what is your problem ?

Fuzzy Peach

Precisely what happens is this:
I make two pieces of mlm track ending on a slope at the same height 4 spaces away from eachother. I click on mlm bridge: It says: bridge must start on my way or an empty slope. Also with the connection bridge. When i have a piece of normal track facing a piece of elevated track.

Maragil

The simple alternative is to use Elevated maglev between the Ground level maglev ends, then use connection bridge to join them up. That might work :)

H./

gauthier

... That's a Simutrans'bug, not my fault, I can't do anything for this. You have to show it in a bug report.

Fuzzy Peach

I found out what it works right in the newest nightly version. I'll just use that.

Václav

So, after many days of silence, I am back and with new version of my experimental magnetic train - what now is not so experimental as it was when I published the first version.

Done changes:
corrected diagonal parts
added another engines
added another passenger and post cars
added freight cars

Via post linked below you can download complete download file. More informations in linked post.

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1316.msg38097#msg38097
After redirection on dowload page (because file is too large - more than 250 kB) roll down, rewrite text from picture on table "Free download" to form below and click on "Stáhnout free".

gauthier

I'm testing your train ...
That's a big work so you can be proud of it ;)

1) You should merge all your pak files in one pak file with the command "MERGE" of makeobj.

2) I have many graphic advices for you but I'm currently working on a French homework (you can't imagine how French literature is boring  :-X ) so I will answer you later  ;)

Václav

Quote from: gauthier on December 07, 2009, 03:58:01 PM
I'm testing your train ...
That's a big work so you can be proud of it ;)

1) You should merge all your pak files in one pak file with the command "MERGE" of makeobj.

2) I have many graphic advices for you but I'm currently working on a French homework (you can't imagine how French literature is boring  :-X ) so I will answer you later  ;)

I can imagine it ... it is the same wherever ... all literature is boring when you must read it if you want to do anything else.

I planned merging into one file but I am not sure what would happen if somebody play less chain of nuclear powerplant ... because I prepared also version of bulk cargo car for uranium ore. So I let vehicles in separated files regardless of I published also source files.

gauthier

There is also a command "EXTRACT" to separate a multiple pak file in several pak files ;)

QuoteI can imagine it ... it is the same wherever ... all literature is boring when you must read it if you want to do anything else.

I have also "analytical reading", "Comment text", "invention of writing" ... (translation of "lecture analytique", "commentaire de texte", "écrit d'invention") ...
cutting the text and chewing the text to find stylistic devices, and interpret them to find something that the author himself couldn't find  :-X ...
And this with a lot of Franche authors and texts, Voltaire, Diderot, Montesquieu, Molière, Racine, Fontenelle, Victor-Hugo, Rabelais, Ronsard, La Fontaine, Rousseau, and so on and so on .......

We have to know all of them and many others to the big French test at end of 11th grade ...

I wish only one thing : to kill myself  :-X