News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Pak128 Scenario Tutorial

Started by HaydenRead, January 12, 2016, 09:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lupus the Canine

I got another error, it happened just before I was to start placing electrical lines.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Lupus the Canine on January 22, 2021, 11:20:14 AM
I got another error, it happened just before I was to start placing electrical lines.

Hi, how are you? I really appreciate your help with this!
I was reviewing this but ran into other non-script issues maybe, and until they are fixed I can't move on. :(

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Lupus the Canine on January 22, 2021, 11:20:14 AM

I have not been able to replicate the error, you have any savegame. ?

Yona-TYT

@Lupus the Canine
I have already solved it, there was a transformer that was not being checked for construction.

I will post a new version later.

Thank you very much for reporting.

Yona-TYT

A new maintenance release!.

The most remarkable thing is that the mail now extends to the oil rig in chapter 5. I have made some changes not visible to the player, I hope everything continues to work well.
Scenario: https://www.mediafire.com/file/no5zvmw4xvs26kr/tutorial_pak128-beta-v1.5.50.zip/file

Changes:
Pak128
// ------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------
General ====================================

New change of simutrans in the logic of the crosses affects some tracks (ok).
The way in which vehicles were controlled by type of load was changed, now more than one type of load per vehicle should work.

Chapter 5 ==================================
Step C ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
Fixed a bug when advancing without placing a transformer.
Step D ------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------
The chain of mail now extends to the oil rig.

Known Issues =========================
It is necessary to adapt to the new waiting system in the schedule (pending)

Notes to translator: ============================================ ================================================= ===========================================

Chapter 2 =============================================== ================================================= ==================
"/es/chapter_02/goal_step_03.txt" ---------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
The variable {name} should not be placed here, change "<p> We are going to start a Bus Service in the city of {name} [br /] [br /]" to "<p> We are going to start a Service Bus for cities [br /] [br /] "
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -----------

"/es/chapter_02/goal_step_04.txt" ---------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
A variable is wrong:
" [3]  With the  Itinerary  window open, you must now select all the stops in the city in order to add them to the list: [br /] {posb}", { posb} must be changed to {list}.

" [4]  After adding the 7 stops" is changed to " [4]  After adding the {nr} stops"
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -----------

"/en/chapter_02/goal_step_04.txt" ---------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Change " [4]  After adding the seven stops" to " [4]  After adding the {nr} stops"

Chapter 4 =============================================== ================================================= ==================
In the files "/es/chapter_04/01_1-2.txt, /es/chapter_04/01_2-2.txt, /es/chapter_04/goal_step_02.txt, / es / chapter_04 / goal_step_03.txt" The variable {f2 } which is no longer used
old: "<p> [br /] It is necessary to transport hydrocarbons  ({good1})  from {f1} / {f2} to {f3} to produce  {good2}  < br> [br /] "

new: "<p> [br /] It is necessary to transport hydrocarbons  ({good1})  from {f1} to {f3} to produce  {good2}  [br /] <br > "

"/es/chapter_04/goal_step_02.txt"---------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Change "Place 3  Docks of goods  in the indicated positions: [br /] {dock} [br /] [br /]" by "Place the {nr}  Docks of goods  in the indicated positions: [br /] {dock} [br /] [br /] "
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- --------

"/en/chapter_04/goal_step_02.txt"---------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Change "Place 3  Docks  of  goods  in the indicated positions: [br /]" to "Place {nr}  Docks  of  goods  in the indicated positions: [br /] "

"/es/chapter_04/goal_step_04.txt"---------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Change "{tx} Connecting to provider {f1} [br /] [br /]" to "Connecting to provider {f1} [br /] [br /]"

"/es/chapter_04/05_2-4.txt and /es/chapter_04/05_3-4.txt"--------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ---------
An error in the variable "{tx}" is corrected:
Change "tx}" to "{tx}"

Chapter 5 =============================================== ============
================================================= ======
"/ en / chapter_05 /" ?? -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -----------
Delete a junk directory "/ en / chapter_05 /" (there is a space at the beginning of the name). -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -----------
Delete the following obsolete files: "/es/chapter_05/02_1-2.txt" and "/es/chapter_05/02_2-2.txt"
The file is missing: "/es/chapter_05/goal_step_02.txt"

Edit. My apologies to our dear dictator for posting 3 messages in a row.  :P

Yona-TYT

I am happy to announce a new version of the tutorial, v1.6.10

Thank you very much @roboron for the enormous work with the texts.  8)
Scenario release: https://github.com/Yona-TYT/tutorial_pak128/releases/download/v1.6.10/tutorial_pak128-v1.6.10.zip

The highlight of this version:

• The version and pakset name check is implemented.
  • Many improvements in translations and text files.
  • Tunnel issues fixed.
  • Some numerical values are changed to variables in the texts.
  • Many fixes and improvements.
  • Some code cleaning.
  • A bug when routing ships when getting the tile list.
  • The logic that decided if a station existed or not in the list is fixed.
  • Another bug showing incorrect name of a missing station.
  • Useless code related to lines and schedule is eliminated.
This is the first time that I use github to manage this project, look here: https://github.com/Yona-TYT/tutorial_pak128

Andarix

https://github.com/Yona-TYT/tutorial_pak128/commit/f1a13d555241426f3cf38780f005990fdb8b86f9

This change amazes me a little. I changed that a long time ago.

Quote from: Andarix on September 30, 2019, 02:16:07 PM
class_basic_chapter.nut

The following change should be made in the function get_goal_text (pl, path).

@@ -489,10 +491,12 @@ class basic_chapter
for (local i = 1; i <= 15; i++){
text[this.my_step(i)] = ""
text[this.ttxst(i)] = "<em>"
+ text[this.ttxst(i)+"e"] = "</em>"
}
text_step = this.set_goal_text(text_step)
text[my_step(this.step)] = text_step.tostring()
- text[ttxst(this.step)] = "<a><st>"
+ text[ttxst(this.step)] = "<st>"
+ text[ttxst(this.step)+"e"] = "</st>"
if (correct_cov)
text["scr"] = "<em>--></em> <a href='script:script_text()'>"+ translate("Go to next step")+"</a> <em>>>></em>"
else

Accordingly, then the step marks must be changed in the files goal.txt.

old
{txtst_01}Step A</em> - A Look at the Factories</a><br>
{step_01}

new - remove /a end of line
{txtst_01}Step A{txtst_01e} - A Look at the Factories<br/>
{step_01}

This ensures clean tags.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Andarix on August 20, 2021, 06:14:05 PMhttps://github.com/Yona-TYT/tutorial_pak128/commit/f1a13d555241426f3cf38780f005990fdb8b86f9

This change amazes me a little. I changed that a long time ago.
At some point came back, before using github this was very chaotic ... luckily now the work is more coordinated.

Andarix

Git can also be used locally without having an online repo.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Andarix on August 20, 2021, 06:41:12 PMGit can also be used locally without having an online repo.
Certainly, just this year I learned (halfway) how to use git.  ;)

Roboron

Scenario Tutorial Pak128 v1.6.20

• Chapter 2, step F: You can now start more than one vehicle at the same time.
  • Fix (more) issues when building a tunnel.
  • Add jump_to_link_executed function.
  • Code and text cleaning.
  • Minor improvements and bug fixes.
=> https://github.com/Yona-TYT/tutorial_pak128/releases/tag/v1.6.20

M_Arcus

Hello, Can You please help me?
I'm stuck at Chapter 2 Step D: Although the bus is rotating, I'm still getting "Advance not allowed"
Many Thanks in Advance.

M_Arcus

Yona-TYT

Hello, thank you very much for your tests.

I see that you have eliminated one of the vehicles needed to advance the tutorial ... when this happens you are returned to that point in the tutorial so you can re-route and start a new vehicle.

Yona-TYT

Please send me a savegame to further analyze the problem.

M_Arcus

Thank you VERY MUCH for this instant Reply  :)

I have not eliminated any bus or vehicle? Should I try adding more busses?
I have saved the game but I dont know where to find the file (btw. I am playing on Steam).

Yona-TYT

Can you tell me what version of the scenario are you using? , I don't have how to use steam to verify.

M_Arcus

I have taken a new Screenshot:
Simtrans 122.0 r9274M
Pak 128 2.8.1
tutorial_pak128-beta
Version 1.5.50 beta

Is this the right Information?  :question:

Yona-TYT

This version is very old, it is most likely that this problem has already been solved in the recent versions.

But simutrans is not updated on Steam, you will have to wait for the next update
Quote from: M_Arcus on October 24, 2021, 12:54:58 AMtutorial_pak128-beta
Version 1.5.50 beta

M_Arcus

Thank You again!
Now I have installed simtrans on my PC without Steam.
But this great Tutorial is not included. Can you please give me a hint where find instructions, how to get the downloaded zip-file "tutorial_pak128.zip" inside Simutrans?

::-\

M_Arcus

Sorry, my fault :-[ I have already dowloaded this Files.
But how do I install this  :question:

Yona-TYT

You must extract the file, find the tutorial-pak128 directory and copy / move to the "simutrans / pak128 / scenario" directory

Yona-TYT

By the way, this version uses functions that are not yet included in the latest stable version of simutrans, please replace your executable "simutrans.exe" with a night version.

https://nightly.simutrans.com/es/

M_Arcus

Hallelujah!  ;D
Finally it works.
Thank you VERY much. :heart: :heart: :heart:
:done:
Now I can finally go to bed (and dream of Simutrans and this Tutorial)  ;D

Yona-TYT

I'm glad you like it, I've been working on this since 2017.

Any help with testing welcome, especially these days that there is a new stable version of simutrans on the way. ;)

M_Arcus

Hello, Yona! It 's me again  ;)

Just wanted to report a / some little bugs (as much as I can say):

chapter 7, step A:
- the variables st1_nam, vhe1, goal_lod1 and lod are not set.
- (therefore?) I am not able to place any bus-stops (Errormessage: "You can only use this tool in the city of Westminster (112,107)."

Thank You for your great work!  :-* I really have enjoyed running through the tutorial!
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

(I wanted to give you a Like, but I did not find the button to do so...)

Yona-TYT

Quote from: M_Arcus on October 24, 2021, 08:50:31 PMHello, Yona! It 's me again  ;) Just wanted to report a / some little bugs (as much as I can say): chapter 7, step A: - the variables st1_nam, vhe1, goal_lod1 and lod are not set. - (therefore?) I am not able to place any bus-stops (Errormessage: "You can only use this tool in the city of Westminster (112,107)." Thank You for your great work!  :-* I really have enjoyed running through the tutorial! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: (I wanted to give you a Like, but I did not find the button to do so...)
Good! I think you are the first to get to chapter 7 (Or at least the first to mention it aui :P ), my colleagues in the forum always find a way to break it before chapter 5 hahaha  ;D .

Regarding the variables you mention, since I had already fixed them, I suppose there was a mistake in the files from the translation  :P

Edit.
city
st1_nam, Should be: stop
lod, Should be: load
goal_lod1, Should be: get_load
vhe1, This variable should no longer exist. :o

I have attached the correct files  8) .

M_Arcus

Thank You, again!

Now I am stuck in chpter 7 Step B:
I can not place a Bus stop at 30,31 for at this position is no street but the train-station.
I've tried to build the bus sutp at 32,31 but I am not allowed to make the bus stop public "Aktion not allowed".
I think this the reason why the bus stop can not be connect to the train-station?

Can I try somthing else?

Yona-TYT

Please send me the savegame, I'll see what I can do .... maybe I made a mistake writing down those strings.

M_Arcus

Sorry, but the savegame is 375 kb.
I'm only allowed to Upload files maximum Size 64 kb.

Is there an other way?

Yona-TYT

Yes, you can send me an email with the savegame attached.

yonatyt@mail.com

Yona-TYT

Thank you very much for your report, the coordinates were wrong, now it should work.

Replace your file "/simutrans/pak128/scenario/tutorial_pak128/class/class_chapter_07.nut"

M_Arcus

Hello, Yona!
Thank you very much: now I've made throuch your Tutorial.
I have learned a lot and it was great fun.

Greatings
Marcus

Yona-TYT

I'm glad you liked it, it was really fun for me to create the scripts. 😎