News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

128.simutrans.entropy.me.uk

Started by Ashley, January 02, 2011, 01:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

Hi sgtsammac,

You need to switch to another player (not the "spectator" player, nor the Public Service one). You can do this via the file menu -> Players, then select an open slot (where there isn't already a player) and select "human". Check the box on the left to enable that player and then click the small arrow to switch to that player. You can enter a different player name and set a password by clicking the little green box to the right of the player name.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

sgtsammac

Thanks,
Darn i connected but there are no empty slots they are all full/named

Ashley

I'll restart the servers soon then :)
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

sgtsammac

spechter

i want to join, but some inactic players block some slots -.-

V813

Quote from: Timothy on April 13, 2011, 04:45:09 PM
I'll restart the servers soon then :)
Have they been restarted already? Thanks :)

EDIT: By the way, I'm wondering if people are still playing? There is only one client (me) every time I connect...
V813
Simutrans newbie.

Ashley

I've restarted the server with the same map + game version. Old save game available from the usual place :)

V813

Quote from: Timothy on April 18, 2011, 10:56:10 AM
I've restarted the server with the same map + game version. Old save game available from the usual place :)
I guess you want to lock the public player as well :)
V813
Simutrans newbie.

Ashley

Ah I can't do that without logging into the game, and I can't do that until this evening...

Edit: Restarted server with a new (slightly bigger) map and set passwords properly.

sgtsammac

I'm on the map now :D i got 1 truck. By now i mean i managed to create a company on the map.

V813

The 128 server appears to be down (shows "server did not respond")
The 64, Brit, 96comic servers at simutrans.entropy.me.uk seems to work fine though
V813
Simutrans newbie.

Ashley

V813

It works now. Thanks :D - UTC 14:23

EDIT: It happens again... - UTC 16:23

EDIT: It works again. Thanks - UTC 01:12
V813
Simutrans newbie.

Ashley

Server restarted with new map, same pak128 + Simutrans version.

See first post for links to old savegames if you want to continue a game :)

V813

Server does not respond
64, 96, Britain servers appear to work as normal
V813
Simutrans newbie.

Ashley

Looks like the server process hung, it does that every now and again, I've restarted it so it should work again.

Defacto

It's not in the serverlist! (Anymore)

Beside,s how do you install the nightly? It doesn't let me extract the files...

Ashley

Odd, it should be announcing to the server list every game month. Maybe the last announce failed for some reason. I've restarted it and it now shows up.

In what way is it preventing you from extracting the files?

Defacto

It just shows up some random error message about not being able to catalogise the files to the selected folder, or something like that. Just like with all windows errors, i have no idea what it means, and even less of an idea on how to solve it.

By the way, i go to programs (x86), go to the Simutrans folder, and insert the pak along all other pak folders. Am i doing something wrong there?

DirrrtyDirk

If you are using Windows Vista or 7, it might be the protection from changes feature in the programs folder messing with you...

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Defacto

I am indeed using Windows 7. Is there another way to get the nightly/right versions?

DirrrtyDirk

Have you tried extracting them elsewhere and then copy/move the files there (then you should be told that this requires admin privileges and can accept or decline this...)?

Or you might put simutrans to a different location than your C:\Programs folder...

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Defacto

I did tyr to extract them when they are in the downloaded files folder, then move them to the right place... but i must be missing something... it won'tlet me choose the pak.

Ashley

Guillaume

How can we know if a company is a player or computer ?

Ok, I've found now...

Guillaume

It seems that the server has crashed.
It says "Server did not respond!".

Ashley

Restarted it, let me know if you still get that message.

Guillaume

Guillaume

Hmmm the server crashed another time ...   Before that, me and another player got a lot of desynchronization and lags.

Ashley

Guillaume

Hello, it seems that the server doesn't appear in the server list when starting simutrans, I have now to retape manually "128.simutrans.entropy.me.uk:13354", otherwise impossible to connect, and yes the server is still here with a player in the same time...

Ashley

I think the listings server is glitchy, does it appear now?

prissi

Do you set to update the entry every simutransmonth?

Dwachs

There was a bug that servers sent their data to a wrong url. Was fixed in r4365, which is after the last release.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Sephiroth

Timothy, do you help me?
My two accounts are in bankruptcy you could exclude them so I can create a new company?