News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

pak192.comic Screenshots

Started by Michael 'Cruzer', June 14, 2009, 07:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex. Brose

Quote from: vorlon on February 06, 2014, 06:19:06 PM
Just out of curiosity–wouldn't it be quite easy to scale down pak192.comic graphics to be used in pak96.comic? The style seems to fit and scaling should be quite easy due to the 2:1 conversion factor. Is it a copyright issue, or perhaps something to do with the details fading out? All the new buildings look absolutely amazing and I would hate the idea of potential pakset progress being lost for lack of co-ordination.
I think down-scaling will require a lot of time-consuming reworking, especially when graphics are very lacy and full of textures. You can try out my 192-buildings for down-scaling but i'm not sure, if most 192-members agree with same buildings in both graphics sets.  :)

An_dz

For pixel working it's hard to re-scale, as I and Alex do, but with vectors is extremely easy, like Vláclav do. You can ask him for the vector sources. You'll need to do some post-processing pixel work as the vector might not output fully the right style.

I find it would be nice to share some graphics, but it's nice to keep some differences.

vorlon

Indeed the scaled result doesn't seem to be quite right, might have something to do with the sharp contrast in comic-style graphics. It's just that I was curious and I've made some experimenting with my pak128 creations and they scale down decently with standard GIMP parabolic interpolation.

Quote from: An_dz
I find it would be nice to share some graphics, but it's nice to keep some differences.

After giving it some thought I realized that is exactly the case. As great as these buildings are, it wouldn't be interesting anymore to explore different paksets if they had the same buildings. Maybe some common vehicles, roadway textures etc. could be shared, but unique look of each pakset must be preserved! Thanks for helping me make my mind. :)

Alex. Brose

Older residential tower from the 1960s.

Edit: Little Brother.

Alex. Brose

Alex. Brose

Flemmbrav

well, of course, you con rescale my vehicles & stations into pak96 scale!

a small impression by me:
german class 19.10 with Rheingold trainset

Alex. Brose

Small brother:

Edit:

Flemmbrav

Alex. Brose

New stuff for our Simuthans (Or how do we name city residents in Simutrans?):

Markohs

Clas

Hi,

these new items are looking great, when will they be part of a official (or beta) PAKset ?

Best regards

Clas

Alex. Brose

New small office tower.

Clas: Yes, most of them will be included soon.

Alex. Brose

Another office tower.

Leartin

BAAA!

The text appears randomly wherever a sheep baas. (Okay, admittedly, it's a 30-second loop. But who would stare at sheeps that long?)

An_dz

As you can see it's clearly a British/America sheep, Brazilian sheep would Béh or Méh and German sheep would Mäh! :D

Leartin

Well, maybe a scottish blackhead?
Unfortunatly, there is no way to link the used language to the graphics. Once there is, it's quite easy to replace (just one frontimage with offset)
Until then, a possible text for languages wher sheeps don't baa:
First sheep says 'Mäh!'
Second sheep says 'Blök'
Third sheep says 'Baa'
Complains the first to the second: 'All those immegrants, steal our jobs but refuse to learn our language.'

gauthier

Well they're definitly not French, otherwise they would be on strike  :P

Alex. Brose

Old transformer tower (ground object). :)

Edit: Office tower.

Alex. Brose

A little town with some new graphics. 8)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Oh no, what happened on some of those houses! It looks like Santa and his reindeer came in for a hard landing - no more Christmas! :(

hehe

(I really did think it was blood spatters for a moment before I realized what was going on)

In more serious news, that looks awesome. Well, except for the scene of the 'accident'. ;-)

Leartin

Those are Austrian houses with the "blood splatter" - No Santa will go there, it's in the service area of the Christkind ;)

Alex. Brose

Leartin

Václav

... ajaj ... Beautiful house ... but those trees of grapevine do not look like trees of grapevine - and also, take a look on some photos of vineyards.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Leartin

grapevine would really be more wall-like, they usually melt to one union, usually because there is a "wall" under them (wall=stilts and strings). I did not like my attempts of hedge-like rows, so I ended up with those single bush-like plants.

What do you mean, "look on photos of vineyards"? I don't like such cryptic messages, they always seem to suggest I should realize something. If so, just tell me.

Václav

I thought about using of photos of vineyards as a useful pattern. I often search for photos of things I want to paint, mostly if I am not sure with face.

I don't see anything wrong in it.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Leartin

There is nothing wrong with using photopgraphies as a reference. I already do that, this vineyard is to be found here: www.italien-hauskauf.de/[...]
It's just that, after you told me that you think the grapevines are wrong, you suggested to also look at photos, as if it was an unrelated matter. Just a misunderstanding in language.

And for those who come here expecting something new:

A factory that produces plastic toys. Not sure which toys, though...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Clearly that factory produces G.I. Joe military action figures and plastic toys, and clearly there has never been military acceptable in Simutrans, so clearly I have banned you from the community forever and ever.

Actually, I had mostly two toys (er, toy... types?) growing up - LEGO and matchbox-style cars. So while it clearly does not go without saying that I think this is awesome, on the other hand, now that I've said it, I think it goes without saying. Again. Maybe.

Seriously, that's wonderful and great. :D And if I ever become an evil overlord, I totally have to make my headquarters look something like that. It's totally doable. Huge painted concrete forms...... lol

gauthier

Did you just give me a reason to play pak192 ? This is awesome  :D

Markohs

Wow that building looks great!!

Sarlock

Wonderful... it's a mix of Duplo and Lego!
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

vorlon

That's brilliant! We really need a special pakLEGO. ;D