News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

List of bugreports, feature requests and changelog

Started by Mariculous, September 26, 2019, 01:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariculous

This thread mainly aims at listing known bugs and any feature requests or projects that have their own thread, so deverlopers and players have a relatively well-arranged source to see what has to be done/was already reported or requested.
Further, fixed bugs/implemented features will be moved to the changelog section.

A further list of coding projects projects can be found here. That list is mainly about larger major features, but does also include relatively small projects that are considered important in some way.

Currently the list covers any requests and bugreports (well, hopefully I didn't forget any) from March 21, 2019 to February 12, 2020.

• "Accepted features" list will only contain features that have been discussed and accepted. Feature that have not been revoked explicitly and there was no active discussion for at least 2 months are also expected to be "accepted"
  • "Known and reproducible bugs" will contain any bugs that are ready to get fixed by a developer.
  • "Known but not yet reproducible Bugs" will contain any Bugs that are confirmed to be a bug that should be fixed (which differs bugs from useful glitches) but could not yet be reproduced. These are waiting for any interessted player to help reproducing the bug.

See https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,13026.0.html , especially point 3 for further informations how you could help.
In case of bugs that cause crashes, additionally (or alternatively) a stack trace would also be very helpful, so if you feel in position to provide a stack trace, this would be most helpful.

Feature list will contain threads from extended developement and extended discussion, as these are sometimes overlapping especially for feature requests.
Bug lists will only include threads from extended dev as each bug should always have a bugreport in extended dev, if a bug was found due to some discussion, create a bugreport for it.

Items tagged with [WIP] are already work in progress.

Accepted features

Bugreports in this list are tagged with the following:
d: reproduction description provided
s: save provided, there is a savegame where the bug happened in the past or the bug will happen at some unknown time in the future
m: minimal reproduction save provided, there is a savegame attached where the bug will happen at a known time in the future
t: stack trace provided
c: core dump provided
i: inclomplete, there is a description of what happened but no description of how to reproduce nor a savegame where this happened

Bugreports tagged with d and m are very likely to get fixed in the near future, if you can provide these or any other of the listed informations to any report that does not have these yet, this would be pretty appreciated.
However, some bugys may not require a savegame but a preci
Also have a look at https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,13026.0.html when reporting a new bug.

Known Bugs

Fixed bugs and implemented features

jamespetts

This is a useful thread - thank you for starting this. If you could maintain this as bugs are fixed and new bugs are reported, and minor feature requests are made and accepted and new minor features added, that would be very helpful.

I will sticky this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Mariculous

Updated to the current date.
Will start updating with older reports now.

jamespetts

Quote from: Freahk on December 18, 2019, 01:18:54 PM
Updated to the current date.
Will start updating with older reports now.

Excellent, thank you.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Rollmaterial

The item listed as "Adding an alternative route aspect to distant signals" is actually a bug report.

Mariculous

I have just rearranged the list a little bit and updated description and title to better fit the contents.
It would be appreciated if a native-english speaker could rewrite the two text sections.

Apart from future additions for sure and maybe including old reports up to January 1, 2019 this is final now.

Spenk009

The list/post is great and the text sections are very clear English (very few mistakes, fixing essentially unnecessary). I wouldn't worry about rewriting them as they are concise as-is.

Mariculous

Nice, I always thought "my English is not the yellow from the egg"  :D
German figure of speech, translated word-by-word, which means roughly "not pretty good"

Spenk009

Provided your pig isn't piping or you think you spider, you're certainly proficient and fluent. ;)

Phystam

Recently I often use English here but still my capability is poor><
I know and understand that many non-native people use English here, so I don't care about our broken English...
However still I feel difficulties and struggle to express what I want to say. Um, too difficult.

By the way, Thank you for the listing. It is very helpful for us.

DrSuperGood

Extended is also still waiting for the port of the slice/underground mode change optimization that was added to standard. This is kind of critical for very large maps such as the server game where changing underground slice can take many seconds.

Mariculous

I just linked to actual feature request threads here, soif there is no thread about it, I can't link it. This is to prevent people from discussing about feateres in here.

DrSuperGood

Quote from: Freahk on December 19, 2019, 08:44:38 PMI just linked to actual feature request threads here, soif there is no thread about it, I can't link it. This is to prevent people from discussing about feateres in here.
A thread was created for it, in standard, where a solution was created and merged with standard. I started the thread in standard after encountering the issue in extended and confirming that it was a shared issue between both.

https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=18338.0
QuoteA long running problem with both standard and extended is that using the underground view, underground slice tool or changing underground slices with the tool active performs absolutely abysmally. Sure it is ok on a tiny 128x128 map or so, but on a massive one like the 8,000x4,000 odd the extended server uses it is absolutely unusable. On the extended server it takes my computer 5-10 seconds per slice change, and another minute or so to catch up that lost time.

Mariculous

I have just added this to the feature request list.
However, are there more things that still need a pull from standard? If so, an own list for these would be better I guess.

Phystam

I remember that I have introduced new waytypes — narrowgauge tram and decoration. Here: https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,18759.htm

Although recently I changed the opinion about decoration waytypes, could you add to a list that?

Mariculous

Sure. Anything before March 21, 2019 is not (yet) in that list. I am not sure if it makes sense to go even further back but if you are missing anything I will for sure add this.

jamespetts

One small thing that would help me and possibly others is to show, for work in progress items, who is working on the item in question.

jamespetts

Thank you for this - I have now had a chance to test this revised version, and it does look good. The backwards signal placement is a most useful feature.

I should be grateful if you could add the "place signals backward" text to Simutranslator so that it can be translated into other languages. One additional thing that might help, although this is a minor thing, is adding a display of the distance in addition to the cost in the tooltip shown at the mouse cursor when dragging.

Thank you again for this; I will incorporate this now.

Ranran(retired)

I misunderstood that this list did not include feature requests.  :-[
I believe <a href="https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,19102.0.html">Grouping vehicle coupling constraints</a> to be a useful feature for future recombinations and vehicle pak(dat) creators, and would you like to add it to this list for feature requests.  :-*
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Phystam

Before we start new online game on bridgewater-brunel server, maybe we have to work about the improvement of the slice view function. Is it easy to incorporate it?

If you can, please list standard functions that have not been incorporated yet. It would be very helpful.

Mariculous

I don't know which standard features had not yet been incorporated so it' hard to list them for me.
I could create a list based on standards changelogs but that will most likely not be complete as I don't think they had öisted every single tiny feature and bugfix.

jamespetts

There is a separate project by A. Carlotti to incorporate Standard changes, so it is better not to list all of them in this thread.

Ranran(retired)

It may be a good idea to list bugs from the standard (may affect the play of extended) as known bugs.

For example,
- Marker rejects double-byte characters
- the traffic light does not support camera rotation
- Multi-tile attraction buildings can have 4 windows in each direction (This creates inconsistencies in building information)
And so on

Those bugs will not be fixed until they are incorporated from the standard.
However, if it needs to be fixed quickly, it may be possible to incorporate it first.

Vladki

From standard:
- platform (or even building) rotation tool: https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,17914.0.html
- merge station tool: https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,18674.0.html

These also use conflicting IDs for menuconf.tab (IIRC one of them has the same tool number as tool for reconecting signals from one signalbox to another)
So the conflict should be solved at the same time, probably by reassigning extended specific tools to some higer number (>128)

Phystam

I am concerned about that features such as improved slice view which is written for especially Extended but incorporated in Standard will not be incorporated eternally — If A. Carlotti would not work for incorporating Standard changes. Otherwise no one can work about that.
There is very long queue however.

But I know that it is very hard work and he is busy.

freddyhayward

I made a thread about a problem with river generation including a patch which has not seen a response. Is there a problem with it or has it just gone unnoticed?

https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,19402.0.html

jamespetts

Notes to self - minor changes that need to be made on the basis of observations from the Stephenson-Seimens server game:

(1) do not allow elevated ways to be built over attractions;
(2) when renewing city roads, delete any unowned, degraded tram tracks;
(3) require a one tile clearance around all runways in which nothing can be built aside from a perpendicular taxiway;
(4) have separate sound cool-downs for each type of vehicle (road, rail, air, etc.), and add one for crossings and industries to increase the variety of sounds played and reduce repetitiveness;
(5) fix the aircraft flying height issue; and
(6) liquidate runways of bankrupt players properly.
Edit: Fix the issue allowing vehicles with a permissive constraint to travel on open water (i.e. boat horses).

Vladki

Quote from: jamespetts on January 13, 2020, 01:57:40 PM
Notes to self - minor changes that need to be made on the basis of observations from the Stephenson-Seimens server game:

(1) do not allow elevated ways to be built over attractions;
Ahh, finally our rugby players could kick the ball without hitting trolleybuses. ;-)

(3) require a one tile clearance around all runways in which nothing can be built aside from a perpendicular taxiway;
Perhaps also limiting the level of buildings few tiles from the end of runway - in the direction of takoff and landing.

(6) liquidate runways of bankrupt players properly.
Would it help adding a mothballed runway/taxiway to the pakset?

jamespetts

Quote from: Vladki on January 13, 2020, 02:21:57 PM
Perhaps also limiting the level of buildings few tiles from the end of runway - in the direction of takoff and landing.

This would be more complex, as this requires not a radius, but a direction.

QuoteWould it help adding a mothballed runway/taxiway to the pakset?

Does it make sense in economic terms for liquidated players to mothball their runways rather than destroy them? This may need some thought.

Mariculous

Quote(1) do not allow elevated ways to be built over attractions;
Please except for rugby pitches! Our rugby players are already pretty used to it. They will refuse playing if there is no elevated way above!
Quote(3) require a one tile clearance around all runways in which nothing can be built aside from a perpendicular taxiway;
Oh no, that would destroy my compact airport layoutd :D
However, that's a good and realistic idea and would slightly improve airport construction considerations e.g. not always sticking terminals along the runway.
I'd like to note that reducing the effectively used runway by one tile at both ends of the runway would roughly achieve what Vladki suggested, is perfectly realistic, expected to be easyer and would remove that ugly airplane reversal at the end of the runway.
Maybe one should even disallow reversals at the runway at all, as it is in reality I guess, so one is forced to attach a connection from a taxiway to the runway at both ends of the runway if one wants to use it for landings and takeoffs in both directions on the full length.

QuoteDoes it make sense in economic terms for liquidated players to mothball their runways rather than destroy them? This may need some thought.
Mothballed runways (and taxiways) would have the huge advantage of later airport reactivations by other players, which is quite an economical aspect.
Especiall if another player is serving that airport, it is pretty likely that player is inetressted in taking that airport over after liquidation. If that airport was completely deleted, it is pretty likely that the city just grew some buildings around which would have to be demolished.

Vladki

Quote from: jamespetts on January 13, 2020, 02:29:33 PMDoes it make sense in economic terms for liquidated players to mothball their runways rather than destroy them? This may need some thought.
Well not really mothballing but just abandoning. I someone would like to take it over, he would have to put new tarmac/asphalt/concerete on top, but the forge costs are not needed. Maybe the cost of land ownership should be charged if upgrading unowned road. Same happens with railways (in game), while roads and water canals become public, but useable. Railways in game are a bit unrealistic, as the rails themselves are easily reusable or recyclable, and thus it is worth removing them (and using elsewhere or selling to scrapyard) and not just leaving it as is... However tram tracks should be left as is until the road is renewed, and then sold to scrap.

jamespetts

Airports are probably best liquidated: they take a lot of space, and in reality, a developer is likely to want that space for building. The land on which an airport is built is rarely  if ever valueless. Ideally, one would have a mothballed runway retained until the town wishes to encroach, and then destroy it automatically at that stage, but this would take more work to code.

Mariculous

I guess regularly maually updating the calc sheet and exporting the table into BBcodes is quite complicated.
However, I still consider such a list to be quite important.
Using github issues would imho be the better way to go.
If you agree with it, might you please activate the issue feature in your github repository? I will create an issue for each confirmed bug and feature request.

Ranran(retired)

There are already some Ranran's patches that are not currently incorporated to the master branch, but I decide to discard them all now and post new other patches so to avoid confusion.
That is, now those patches is taken back to the drawing board. (´・ω・`)
Some have been removed and some have been added and number it.

:warning: Do not incorporate my patches that were posted before this post and have not yet been incorporated. However, the explanation and discussion there is useful.
The numbers indicate the order in which should be incorporated.
The alphabet indicates the order of consecutive patches. You can import them one by one, or you can import one group at a time.

#1 Bug fix for master branch (Incorporated)  :done:
about pakset mismatch issue.

#2 Convoy detail dialog improvement complement (Incorporated)  :done:
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,19661.msg185423.html

#3 Depot dialog improvement (Incorporated)  :done:
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,19678.new.html
It is necessary to incorporate #2 before this.(done)
This includes:
Quote[WIP](Ranran) Convoy length bar reloaded (Improvement of the depot dialog)

The following is causing the title to go wrong. This title is not a WIP. But GUI improvement for livery is included in this patch mentioned that thread.
Quote[WIP](Ranran) Direct selection of "livery"

#4 Linemanagement dialog improvement  :redx: Waiting for incorporating
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,19698.0.html
It is necessary to incorporate the depot dialog improvement(#3) before this.
This includes:
Quote[WIP](Ranran) Show access charges in line and convoy graphs (Improvement of the line management dialog)

#5 Territory filters (Incorporated)  :done:
These are patches independent of the others. Add a territory filter to list dialogs. Existing ones on the factory list will also be brushed up.
(5-1) Territory filter on the citylist
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,19860.msg186688.html
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/tree/territory-filter-on-citylist

(5-2) Territory filter on the attractionlist
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/tree/territory-filter-on-attraction-list

(5-3) (Planning) Territory filter on the factorylist (brushup)

This feature has been improved and added to Standard.
Allows spying on other players.  8)

#6 Factory information dialog improvement
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,19910.0.html

#7 List improvements
7a) Replace sort button with combo box
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,19876.0.html
almost done, but some undone.

7b)

(8) Improvement of minimap, left over
Quote from: jamespetts on May 16, 2020, 12:30:14 AMAs for speed and weight limits, may I suggest that the colour scale be based on the speed relative to the best way(s) currently available? If they be scaled based on current pakset data rather than an arbitrary hard-coded number, the colours will be more relevant to the current moment in the game.
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,19746.35.html

#9 Station detail dialog improvement  :warning:
The following is a plan to proceed after incorporating changes to the GUI of Standard.
Quote[WIP](Ranran) Improved station detail window

The following have no plans to resume in the near future, ie not a WIP. Would be grateful if anyone interested in working on it.
Quote[WIP](Ranran) Basic couple constraint
[WIP](Ranran) acceleration/tractive effort graphs